A TV's firmware tells the TV how to function.
Having the latest firmware installed ensures that your TV runs as it should.
Even if you have the latest firmware, in many cases, reinstalling the firmware will rectify issues with your TV.
To perform a firmware update first, check that your TV's model number matches one of the following exactly:
The model number is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, do not proceed, please contact our Customer Care Team below for assistance.
If you have confirmed your product code, you will need a USB stick like this:
Next, you will need to download the firmware file.
Please right-click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
To install the firmware:
- Download the firmware file.
- Copy the .pkg file onto an empty USB stick.
- Unplug the TV from power, and confirm that the standby light is off.
- Insert the USB stick into the TV and reconnect the power.
- Turn the TV on and the update will begin. The progress bar will run three times.
- Do not turn off the TV until the firmware update is complete.
- Turn off the TV at the wall socket and remove the USB stick.
- Turn the TV on again at the wall socket and follow the startup wizard.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team via your Kogan.com account at any time during this process if you have any questions or concerns.