A TV's firmware tells the TV how to function.
Having the latest firmware installed ensures that your TV runs as it should.
Even if you have the latest firmware, in many cases, reinstalling the firmware will rectify issues with your TV.
To perform a firmware update first, check that your TV's model number reads exactly:
The model number is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, do not proceed, please get in touch with our Customer Care Team below for assistance.
If you have confirmed your product code, you will need a USB stick like this:
Next, you will need to download the firmware file.
Your KALED42XXXWA has a firmware update available here:
Please right-click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
To install the firmware:
- Copy the ".bin" file you downloaded to an empty USB stick. Make sure the USB stick does not have any other files on it.
- Turn your TV off at the wall socket.
- Plug the USB stick into the TV.
- Turn on the TV at the wall and the standby light should start blinking.
- After 30 seconds to a minute, the frequency of its blinking will increase, indicating that the firmware re-flash is finished.
- Turn off the TV at the wall socket and remove the USB.
- Turn on the TV at the wall socket.
- Turn on the TV and it should work as it should. Follow the startup wizard and go to the menu to rescan the channels.
Please contact our Customer Care Team via your Kogan.com account at any time during this process if you have any questions or concerns.