If your convertible Atlas device works normally when in laptop mode, but either the touchscreen does not work or the device is otherwise not working correctly in tablet mode, please attempt the following troubleshooting steps to correct the issue.
- Restart the device.
- Check that the screen is clean and free from any scratches, cracks or other damage.
- Check that Tablet Mode is enabled in your settings:
- Open your Settings and navigate to System > Tablet > Change additional settings.
- Make sure that 'Tablet mode' is set to 'On'.
- Check for and install any available Windows updates:
- Open your Settings and select 'Updates & Security'.
- Select 'Windows Update' from the menu on the left.
- Click 'Check for updates' and then install any available updates.
- Check that your touchscreen drivers are enabled in Device Manager:
- Open your Settings and search for 'device manager'.
- In the list of devices, find and expand the 'Human Interface Devices' tab.
- Right click 'HID-compliant touch screen' and then click 'enable' if this option is available.
- Update or reinstall your laptop's drivers:
- Information about how to update your Atlas laptop's drivers is available in the following guide: I Need To Update Or Reinstall The Drivers For My Kogan Laptop Or Mini PC
- Further advice about how to update your drivers is available on Microsoft's website here.
- Calibrate your touchscreen's settings:
- Open the control panel and navigate to 'Hardware and Sound'.
- In the section titled 'Tablet PC Settings', click 'Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input'.
- In the 'Display' tab of the window that opens, click the 'Calibrate' button.
- Select 'Touch input'.
- When a white screen appears on the screen, tap on the crosshair each time it appears on the screen.
- After the unit notifies you that the device has completed the calibration, select the option to save your updated calibration data.
- Reinstall Windows 10:
- Information about how to reinstall Windows 10 on your laptop is available in the following guide: I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop.
- Further advice about how to reinstall Windows 10 is available on Microsoft's website here.
If the troubleshooting suggestions above do not correct the issue, there may be a problem with your laptop's hardware, in which case the unit may need to be assessed by a technician for repair.
For further assistance with your laptop, please do not hesitate to contact our Kogan.com Support Team through your account dashboard. We will be happy to help.