If your Kogan wireless headphones are not charging when connected to a power supply, follow the recommendations below to try to fix the issue.
For model-specific advice about your particular product, refer to your user manual for further information.
- Check that your headphones are charging when connected to your charger. An indicator LED should be illuminated when the headphones are charging.
- Make sure that your USB cable is undamaged and in good condition.
- Avoid using the headphones while they are charging.
- Try to use an alternative charging cable with the headphones.
- Check that the USB cable connects securely to the headphones. If the headphones do not charge consistently — the indicator LED does not consistently light up or if you need to move the USB cable around before the headphones will charge — the USB cable may be damaged internally, in which case it should be replaced.
- Try plugging your charger directly into a wall outlet (not a power board or extension cord).
- Try to use a different charger with the headphones.
- If your battery is completely flat, the indicator LED on your headphones may not illuminate immediately, but should light up once the headphones have been charging for a few minutes. Allow several hours for the device to charge fully.
- Check that your charger and any connections on the headphones are clean and free from dirt or debris. Remove any dirt gently using a small, dry brush.
- For wireless earphones that use a charging case, check that any stickers covering the charging pins have been removed.
- For advice about earphones that use a charging case, refer to Kogan True Wireless Earphones Charging Troubleshooting.
If you are still experiencing issues with your wireless headphones after following the suggestions above, please contact our Customer Care Team for further assistance. We will be happy to help.