If you Kogan wireless headphones are not pairing correctly with your Bluetooth device, try the following suggestions to troubleshoot the issue.
For model-specific advice about your particular product, refer to your user manual for further information.
- Check that Bluetooth is turned on in your device’s settings and that the device is discoverable.
- Turn the headphones off and then turn them back on again.
- Disable Bluetooth on the device you are trying to pair the headphones with, then re-enable Bluetooth on the device.
- Depending on your model, the process for pairing your headphones may differ between the first pairing and any subsequent pairings. If you are having trouble after previously being able to pair your headphones successfully, refer to your user manual and follow any pairing instructions provided.
- Make sure your headphones are disconnected from any other devices you may have connected to using Bluetooth previously.
- Disconnect the device you are trying to pair the headphones with from any other Bluetooth devices.
- Check that the indicator LED is flashing to indicate that the headphones are in pairing mode.
- If you have not used the headphones recently, you may need to re-pair the headphones with your device.
- Make sure that the headphones are charged. If the battery is low, it may not be possible to pair the headphones until they are charged.
- If you have not set a passcode and are prompted to enter a passcode when pairing the headphones, enter '0000' (four zeros).
- For general advice about troubleshooting Bluetooth connectivity issues, refer to Bluetooth Connection Issues.
If you are still experiencing issues with your wireless headphones after following the suggestions above, please contact our Customer Care Team for further assistance. We will be happy to help.