A TV's firmware tells the TV how to function.
Having the latest firmware installed ensures that your TV runs as it should.
Even if you have the latest firmware, in many cases, reinstalling the firmware will rectify issues with your TV.
To perform a firmware update first, check that your TV's model number reads exactly:
The model number is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, do not proceed, please contact our Customer Care Team below for assistance.
If you have confirmed your product code, you will need a USB stick like this:
Next, you will need to download the firmware file.
Your KALED40GF7600VA has a firmware update available here:
Please right-click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
To install the firmware:
- Download the firmware file.
- Copy the file onto an empty USB stick 8GB or smaller.
- Unplug the TV.
- Insert the USB stick into the TV.
- Plug in the TV and turn it on. The LED light on the TV should begin to blink.
- After 30 - 60 seconds, the blinking will increase in frequency, this indicates that the firmware installation is complete.
- Turn off the TV at the wall socket and remove the USB stick.
- Turn the TV on again at the wall socket and follow the startup wizard.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team via your Kogan.com account at any time during this process if you have any questions or concerns.