|Please note: This page is applicable to all non-television products. If you are packaging a television, please refer to this page instead.|
Though we would always prefer that your product is returned in the original packaging, we also appreciate that this is not always feasible when you have had the product for an extended period.
If you don't have suitable packaging, please let us know as damage resulting from insufficient packaging may result in denial of warranty.
This guide is intended to assist in preparing your product for return when the original packaging is unavailable in order to avoid damage occurring to the product whilst it is in transit.
Simple factors such as detaching the accessories or power plug and using sufficient packaging materials can all be utilised with appropriate preparation to ensure the safe transit of your product.
Ensure You Have Appropriate Packaging Materials
In order to properly package your product for transport without the original box, you will need the following materials:
- A box that is correctly sized for your product
- Bubble wrap
- Small plastic bag or resealable bag for accessories
We understand that you may not have these items available so we suggest the following:
- Check local businesses such as hardware stores and liquor stores for spare boxes. These boxes are regularly thrown out and are often available free of charge
- Check with a family member, friend or neighbour if they have any packing materials you can use
Always consider how valuable and fragile your item is. If in doubt we recommend purchasing a box.
Please refer to the following link if you need to purchase packaging:
Never place the accessories on top of or in front of fragile components such as screens and glass as this can easily result in damage during transit.
Carefully Pack The Product For Return
- Ensure that you remove any parts that can be removed from your product including detachable power leads, adapters and accessories
- Ensure that you have removed any of your own accessories such as cases, covers or any compatible accessories. If these are not removed, we cannot guarantee that they can be returned
- Wrap your unit with bubble wrap. It is a good idea to wrap the unit to protect fragile parts by adding additional packaging material
- While bubble wrap is the most recommended material to use, some customers choose to use layered cardboard or pillowcases to substitute
- Place any additional accessories that came with the product into a plastic bag and place it securely in the box, away from any fragile components. Please also ensure that the power cord is returned as this may be required whilst testing.
- It is vital that the product is well secured inside the box. Please ensure that it won't be able to move around at all during transit. Use extra packaging if necessary to fill any gaps.
- Thoroughly tape up the box from top to bottom.
Key Points to Note
Poor packaging can result in damage occurring to the unit and this may void your warranty. It is therefore of utmost importance that your product is packaged as securely as possible before it is returned:
- Items must be in a box or satchel to be accepted for returns via couriers
- The unit must be secured inside the box to avoid any movement
- Padding, especially on the fragile components, is vital
Examples Of Poor Packaging:
- Box not completely sealed, such as with ripped or exposed edges.
- Box with little to no support due to extensive prior use and lack of internal padding.