When you need to move your fridge or freezer, it is imperative that it is done in a safe manner to minimise risk. We recommend that you have a professional complete the move to prevent damage to the product or yourself.
Please note, at least two movers are required to move most fridges and freezers. The steps involved in moving a fridge or freezer are:
- Disconnect the unit from power, water and any other connections your product may have according to the user manual
- Clean and defrost the unit as outlined in the user manual
- Measure the unit and create a plan beforehand to determine how it will fit through halls and doorways
- Keep all parts such as screws in a safe place and protect the unit from damage during transportation
- Remove any obstructions that may be in the way, such as furniture
- Use a dolly that’s able to support the weight of the fridge/freezer
- Tilt the fridge/freezer on to an angle to prevent scratching the surface/flooring
Please contact our Customer Care Team if you have any further questions or concerns.