Please refer to the manual specific to your fridge or freezer for cleaning and maintenance instructions. This will cover how to remove and clean the door trays, glass shelves and any other grooves as needed.
Some general tips for cleaning a fridge are:
- Clean the fridge thoroughly before its first use
- To wash your fridge:
- Wash the inside with a damp warm cloth containing a solution of water and baking soda. The solution should be about 2 tablespoons of baking soda to 2L of water
- Wash the storage basket with a mild detergent solution
- Be sure to keep the door seal clean to keep the unit running efficiently
- The outside of the fridge should be cleaned with mild detergent and warm water
- Dry the interior and exterior with a soft cloth
- The condenser coils should be carefully vacuumed when they are dusty or dirty
The basics steps to clean a freezer are:
- Unplug the freezer. The power supply light should be off (green light out)
- Remove the frozen food from the freezer and place it in a cooler to protect the food
- During defrosting, the ice melts in the cabinet and drains out through the bottom front. Place a shallow pan outside the front base to capture the defrost water
- Defrosting usually takes a few hours. Check the pan occasionally so the water does not overflow. Leaving the door open or pouring warm water will help speed up the process
- Clean the interior of the freezer and wipe any residual ice or water from the cabinet
- Switch on the temperature control to the highest setting for two hours before using, and then adjust to normal level
- Return food to the freezer
Note: Do not use boiling water or a metal scraper as this may warp or damage the interior and void your warranty. If you must, use lukewarm to warm water or a plastic scraper used with caution, which will assist with the defrosting process.
Please contact our Customer Care Team if you have any further questions or concerns.