When using your Kogan projector, you may notice a dark spot whilst watching.
This is typically caused by dust landing on a key component of the projector, and can usually be easily rectified.
Locating The Dust
The first step is to determine where the dust is located on the projector. To locate the dust, follow these steps:
- Use the focus adjustment wheel to move the lens all the way back. If the dust is defocused the dust is on the rear fresnel lens
- Adjust the focus lens again to the front. If the dust is defocused the dust is in the front fresnel on the lens
- When the lens is adjusted so that the picture is in focus, and the dust is visible, the dust is on the LCD screen
- If the dust can be seen regardless of how the lens is focused, the dust is on the lens
Dust Found In Steps 1-3
If you located the dust using the first three steps outlined above, remove the dust using these steps:
- Prepare cotton swabs and isopropyl alcohol. If you do not have isopropyl alcohol you can still proceed
- Remove the bottom label, and lift off the white plastic back cover gently if it did not come off with the label
- Add a little alcohol to the cotton swab if available
- Put the cotton swab into the projector through the slot. The projector does not need to be turned off, but please be careful not to look directly at the light source
- At this point, you can see that there are several layers of lenses inside the projector. Dust may adhere to any of these layers so you just need to find the dust and wipe and clean it carefully
- Once the dust has been removed, you can close the cover and reapply the label
Please note: If the dust cannot be found or cannot be cleaned up, contact our Customer Care team.
Dust Found In Step 4
If you found that the dust was on the lens:
- Inspect the lens and determine whether the dust is on the inside or outside of the lens.
- If the dust is on the outside of the lens, please wipe it gently with a lens cloth
- If the dust is inside the lens, contact our Customer Care team