An issue that can occur with a dryer is that it will not heat up during operation.
Please ensure that you have checked the following:
- The dryer is securely plugged into a walled outlet, and the power is on and the circuit breaker has not been tripped. If the circuit breaker has been tripped remove everything except the dryer from the circuit before turning the power back on.
- All other connections are secure and the vent hose is not bent or kinked.
- The dryer door is completely closed.
- Remove the lint filter and check for clogs.
- Check the dryer vent, lint filter or lint screen are not suffocating the heating element.
- Manually reset the thermostat should this be possible with your model.
If the issue persists, this may indicate that the heating element is defective. The heating element is a coil of heating wire enclosed in a metal chamber. Electric current flowing through the coil creates heat and the air being pulled through the chamber absorbs this heat. If the element is defective, then the dryer will not heat up.
Please feel free to contact our Support Team via your Kogan.com Order History for any further assistance.