Kogan refunds are processed by reversing the original transaction.
When you are issued a refund, you will receive an email notification once the refund has been processed from our end.
This notification does not indicate that the funds have arrived back in your original payment account, only that the funds have been issued.
The amount of time before you receive your funds will depend on the payment method used to pay for the order and how quickly that service processes funds that are received.
How To Check Your Payment Method
To check how you paid for an order, first navigate to your Order History by clicking here or by following these steps:
- Navigate to the Kogan home page.
- In the top right corner, log in to your Kogan account, marked "1" in the image below.
- Click on Order History, marked "2" below.
- Within your Order History, you will see all of your orders placed through your account.
- Each order will show a preview of one of the items that you ordered.
- Click on the order that contained the item being refunded.
- Scroll down below, until you see "Order Total" after the last item.
- Underneath your order total, you will see a breakdown of how you paid. In the example above we can see that $20.00 of Kogan Account Credit was used, and the rest was paid for using a Kogan credit card.
How Will My Refund Be Issued Via My Payment Method?
We support a huge range of payment methods. Once you have located which payment method or payment methods you used, please find them below for more information:
Kogan account credits, Qantas Points and other Rewards Points are not redeemable for cash.
As such, any refunded orders that were placed in part or in full with account credit or Points will have the corresponding amount reissued as a new account credit.
For example, if an order was paid with $20 account credit, and the remainder was paid with a credit card, $20.00 would be issued as account credit and the remainder would be refunded to the credit card used during the purchase.
Payments refunded to a credit or debit card are subject to the transfer times of the bank itself.
Often the funds will be available within 5 business days of processing, but in rare cases, this may take longer, depending on bank processing times.
For AMEX payments, if you are having trouble locating the refund, try searching for the funds using the original payment date, instead of when the refund was issued.
Most buy now pay later providers will usually process refunds within 5 days.
Please note that refunds may be issued as a reduction on future payments owing, rather than being directly reimbursed.
For more information on refund time frames and other details, please contact the payment service directly.
The Expected Timeframe Has Passed, And I Still Have Not Received My Funds
If the applicable transfer time estimate has elapsed, but you are still unable to locate your funds, please contact our Customer Care Team.
Our Customer Care Team will provide a receipt, which can be used to investigate further with your chosen payment method's Support Team.