To prevent water build-up, it’s important to empty the drain pump filter of your front load washing machine after every few loads.
If you have noticed that clothes are coming out excessively wet following a cycle, it is highly likely that you need to empty the drain pump filter located in the bottom right-hand corner of the machine to let the water run out.
The steps to empty the drain pump filter are as follows:
- Disconnect the machine from the mains electricity supply and open the lower cover with a screwdriver.
- Place a container under the pump. Unscrew and remove the filter.
- Ensure the filter is cleaned carefully with a paper towel to remove any lint from the filter. If the layer of lint is on the thicker side, you can use a small brush, such as an old toothbrush, to remove the debris.
- Once you are certain the filter is free from all residue, go ahead and put it back in the machine.
- Place an appropriate amount of clothing in the washing machine and select your desired washing programme.