This article provides simple step-by-step instructions showing how to upgrade the firmware on your KALED55KU8000UA TV.
IMPORTANT: Please double-check that your TV product code is 'KALED55KU8000UA'
Please note: Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
Your product code is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
The product code must read 'KALED55KU8000UA' exactly.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, please contact our Support Team below for assistance.
What you need: a USB memory stick and a firmware file
You will need a USB stick like this:
Next, you will need to download an upgrade file. Your KALED55KU8000UA has a firmware update available here.
Please right-click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
How to install:
1. Download the firmware file above
2. Copy the .bin file on to an empty USB stick (16GB and smaller)
3. Insert the USB stick into the USB port located on the side of the unit, then turn on the TV
4. Press 'Menu' on the remote and navigate to the 'Option' sub-menu
5. Highlight 'Software Update(USB)' and press 'OK'. Select 'Yes' when prompted
6. Once the firmware update is complete, the TV will turn off then turn on again automatically
7. Remove the USB stick and follow the start-up wizard.
Following this, please perform a Factory Reset through the Menu:
1. Press 'Menu' on the remote.
2. Go to Options.
3. Select Restore Factory Default.
If you encounter any issues after the firmware update has been completed, please try performing a factory reset and then attempt to use the TV again.
Please feel free to contact our Support Team via your Kogan.com account at any time during this process.