This article provides simple step-by-step instructions showing how to upgrade the firmware on your KALED50JU8300VA TV.
IMPORTANT: Please double-check that your TV product code is 'KALED50JU8300VA'
Please note: Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
Your product code is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
The product code must read 'KALED50JU8300VA' exactly.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, please contact our Support Team below for assistance.
What you need: a USB memory stick and a firmware file
You will need a USB stick like this:
Next, you will need to download an upgrade file. Your KALED50JU8300VA has a firmware update available here.
Please right-click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
How to install:
1. Download the firmware file
2. Copy the .bin file on an empty USB stick (8GB and smaller)
3. Unplug the TV from power, and check that the standby light is off
4. Insert the USB stick into the TV and reconnect the power adapter
5. Turn the TV on at the wall socket
6. A blue screen will appear with a loading page.
7. Once the update reaches 100%, turn off the TV at the wall socket and remove the USB stick
8. Turn the TV on again at the wall socket and follow the startup wizard.
If you encounter any issues after the firmware update has been completed, please try performing a factory reset and then attempt to use the TV again.
Please feel free to contact our Support Team via your Kogan.com account at any time during this process.