If you find that your robot vacuum is going in circles rather than functioning normally, please try these steps:
- If your robot vacuum is compatible with the SmarterHome™ app, open the app and ensure that your vacuum has the latest firmware.
- Briskly turn both wheels by hand, making sure that they spin freely and each wheel shows the same amount of resistance. If they do not, inspect thoroughly for debris and remove carefully.
- Wipe the cliff sensors with a pad of clean, lightly dampened melamine foam such as a magic eraser.
- Briskly tap multiple times on both sides of the bumper to remove the debris.
- Remove any debris if present on the front caster wheel and make sure that after cleaning, they can be turned freely by hand.
- If tire treads are no longer visible, or if large tears are present, replace the wheel modules.
Some robot vacuum models will include a screw that keeps the wheels attached to the housing, as shown below:
When this screw loosens, the wheel may not operate correctly, resulting in the vacuum rotating on the spot. Tightening this screw should restore correct function to the vacuum.
If the steps above have not rectified the issue, please follow this short guide:
Why Aren't the Sensors Working on my Robot Vacuum - Why is My Vacuum Hitting Walls?
Disclaimer: The product image shown above is for illustration purposes only and may differ depending on the model
Please keep in mind that this device is not suitable for long plush carpets and/or dark surfaces because the cliff detector might not operate as expected.