Safety & Warnings
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT REMOVE COVER (OR BACK)
The lightning flash within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert you to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltages within the product’s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute an electric shock to a person or persons.
Important! This symbol alerts you to read and observe important warnings and instructions on the unit or in this manual.
This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- To prevent possible hearing damage, do not listen to the soundbar or subwoofer at high volume levels for long time periods or increase the volume suddenly to a high-volume level.
- Never use the device unsupervised. Switch off the device whenever you are not using it, even if not using it for a short while.
- The appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- The unit should not be impeded by covering the ventilation opening with items such as newspaper, tablecloths, curtains etc. Make sure that there is at least 20cm of space above and at least 5cm of space on each side of the unit.
- The apparatus must not be exposed to dripping or splashing and that objects filled with liquids, such as vases, must not be placed on the apparatus.
- To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not expose this equipment to direct heat, rain, moisture or dust.
- Do not locate this unit near any water sources e.g. taps, bathtubs, washing machines or swimming pools. Ensure that you place the unit on a dry, stable surface.
- Do not place this unit close to a strong magnetic field.
- Do not place the unit on an amplifier or receiver.
- Do not place this unit in a damp area as the moisture will affect the life of electric components.
- Do not attempt to clean the unit with chemical solvents as this might damage the finish. Wipe with a clean, dry or slightly damp cloth.
- When removing the power plug from the wall outlet, always pull directly on the plug, never pull on the cord.
- Depending on the electromagnetic waves used by a television broadcast, if a TV is turned on near this unit while it is also on, lines might appear on the LED TV. Neither this unit nor the TV is malfunctioning. If you see such lines, keep this unit well away from the TV set.
Important Safety Instructions
- Read and follow all instructions and heed all warnings. Retain these instructions for future reference.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heaters, stoves or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the Kogan.com.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when it is to be unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personal. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, for example, when the power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, the apparatus does not operate normally or has been dropped.
- Power: Switches the unit on/off (standby)
- Vol+: Volume increase
- Prev: Previous song (USB and BT mode)
- Vol-: Volume decrease
- Bass-: Bass decrease
- Tre+: Treble increase
- Tre-: Treble decrease
- Input: Change the input mode
Play/Pause: Play or pause the current program (USB and BT mode)
Reset: Press and hold to reset the device to the default settings
- Next: Next song (USB and BT mode)
EQ: Press to cycle through EQ settings (Music/Movie/News/3D)
Pair: Press and hold to disconnect/reconnect paired BT device
- Bass+: Bass increase
- Mute: Mute mode
Unpacking and Preparation
- Remove the soundbar from the carton and remove all packing. Save the packing material, if possible, in case the soundbar needs to be serviced or transported.
- Remove any descriptive labels or stickers on the front or top of the cabinet. Do not remove any labels or stickers from the back or bottom of the cabinet.
- Unwind the power cord and extend it to its full length.
Protect Your Furniture
- This model is equipped with non-skid rubber ‘feet’ to prevent the product from moving when you operate the controls. These ‘feet’ are made from non-migrating rubber material specially formulated to avoid leaving any marks or stains on your furniture.
- However certain types of oil-based furniture polishes, wood preservatives or cleaning sprays may cause the rubber ‘feet’ to soften and leave marks or rubber residue on the furniture.
- To prevent any damage to your furniture, it is strongly recommended to purchase small self-adhesive felt pads, available at hardware stores and home improvement centre everywhere and apply these pads to the bottom of the rubber ‘feet’ before you place the unit.
Place your soundbar on a level surface such as a table, desk or shelf, out of direct sunlight and away from sources of excess heat, dirt, dust, moisture, humidity or vibration.
- Place the soundbar horizontally on a flat surface such as a TV unit or shelves and align it centrally with the TV screen. Allow some space between the speaker and the wall. Don’t place inside a cabinet or on a walled shelf. Follow this guide for best sound output and good airflow around the soundbar.
Wall mounting should only be carried out by an experienced professional.
Install the speaker on a vertical, fast, reinforced area of the wall. For plaster walls, it is recommended to screw into wall studs for great security. For optimum performance, allow at least 25mm distance between the soundbar and the TV.
- Make 2 holes on the wall with distance same as the wall bracket on the soundbar.
- Put the plastic anchors onto the wall and secure the screws to the plastic clip, do not tighten the screws all the way and make sure you leave some space.
- Once the screws are securely fastened, hang the soundbar over by inserting the screws onto the wall mount bracket.
Setting Up the Soundbar
- Plug in the power cord and the display will light up as the unit enters standby mode.
- Switch on the soundbar using the power button on the soundbar or the power button on the remote. After switching on, the default input mode will appear on display.
- Change the input by pressing the power button again or by using the INPUT button on remote:
- Bluetooth Pairing mode
- AUX mode
- Optical mode
- HDMI mode
- USB mode.
- To turn off, press the STANDBY button on the remote control or unplug from the wall outlet.
Playing Audio Via Bluetooth
- Turn on the soundbar and then short press the multi-function button to switch to BT mode.
- Search for devices on your phone or other compatible device and select “KASBD80CA”
- When successfully paired, you will hear a tone and the LED display will stay ON. The remote can control playback over Bluetooth.
- If the paired device is switched off or manually disconnected, the soundbar will pairing mode enter automatically.
- The soundbar will automatically reconnect to the last paired device when the device re-enters range. To connect to a new device, manually pair as per the above steps.
- The soundbar will remain in pairing mode and not shut down automatically, so turn it off when it is no longer in use.
- Connect the soundbar to your PC, tablet, smartphone, TV or other device using a 3.5mm audio cable and press the multi-function button to switch to AUX input.
- In this mode, playback can only be controlled on your connected device.
Depending on your device’s settings, it may switch the audio output to the soundbar automatically or you may need to manually set it (e.g. in Windows or Mac OS sound settings).
Playing Audio Via USB Port
The soundbar will automatically switch to USB input mode when a USB flash drive is inserted (this mode is not selectable unless a USB flash drive is connected).
- Ensure that your USB flash drive contains MP3 or WMA audio files (other file types not supported).
- Connect the USB flash drive to the USB port on the soundbar (or your own USB extension cable to the USB port) music will automatically play.
- The remote control includes USB input mode playback controls.
Use this operating mode to play music from the optical digital input for example from a TV on your soundbar (A).
Note that the TV must have an optical digital output.
- Use the supplied optical cable to connect the optical digital output of your TV to the optical digital input of your soundbar.
- Switch the TV and soundbar on and set the TV to “PCM Stereo” or “Stereo 2.0”.
- Start playback on the TV.
- Switch to Optical input using the remote control.
- Volume and audio settings can be adjusted using the remote control.
- The soundbar supports HDMI with Audio Return Channel (ARC). If your TV is HDMI ARC compliant, you can hear the TV audio through your soundbar by using a single HDMI cable.
- Using a High-Speed HDMI cable, connect the HDMI TV (ARC) connector on the soundbar to the HDMI ARC connector on the TV. The HDMI ARC connector on the TV might be labelled differently – consult your TV’s user manual.