Safety & Warnings
- Read all instructions before using the ladder and retain for reference.
- This equipment is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- If the ladder suffers any failure or damage, cease usage and contact Kogan Support after consulting the Troubleshooting section of this manual.
Important: Never place the scaffolding plank on the top rung, always on the second rung or lower. See “Operation”.
This ladder can be adjusted to different positions and heights thanks to an innovative system of hinges and locks. This ladder is ideal for use in the home or workshop and handy for professional.
- Inner ladder
- Outer ladder
- Height adjustment locks
- Dual-position locking hinges
- Lock tab
|a) Step-ladder (A-frame)||b) Straight extension ladder|
To adjust the angle to the desired position, proceed as follows:
1. To unlock the hinges, pull the lever on each hinge up until the lock tabs are in the unlocked position.
2. With the hinges unlocked, open the ladder to an angle of 35° to make the stepladder or 180° for the straight extension ladder.
3. The hinges automatically lock when either of the two positions is reached (stepladder or straight ladder). The only lockable positions are 35° and 180°.
Important: Always make sure the hinges are properly locked before you get on the ladder. i.e the lock tabs must always be in the locked position.
Adjusting Ladder Height
- Put out the inner ladder until the desired height is reached.
- Hold the inner ladder in one hand. Turn each of the height adjustment locks with the other hand and fit into the holes in the side rail. This will lock the ladder at the desired height.
Hold the inner ladder firmly during this operation to prevent any accidents from occurring.
The ladder can be used in a wide variety of positions without any need for additional materials. The following instructions show how to achieve different positions:
Stepladder With Sections of Different Lengths
Other Uses of Stepladder
Follow the same steps when you want one leg of the stepladder in a vertical position. This is an ideal solution when you need to access a vertical wall.
Straight Extension Ladder Position
Important: When opening the ladder, the hinges will first lock automatically in the 35°. You need to unlock the hinges before you can open the ladder to 180°, where they will automatically lock again.
Basic Scaffolding Position
Important: Never place the plank on the top rung, always on the second rung or lower. Turn one of the sections of the outer ladder around and join the two sections with the height adjustment locks, as shown in the photo above.