Safety & Warnings
WARNING! When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to persons, including the following.
Instructions for Use and Care
- Read all instructions before using the heater and retain for reference.
- This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch the hot surfaces. Always use the handle when moving this heater. Keep combustible materials such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes and curtains at least 1 metre from the front of the heater and keep them away from the sides and rear.
- The output of this heater may vary and its temperature may become intense enough to burn exposed skin. Use of this heater is not recommended for persons with reduced sensitivity to heat or an inability to react to avoid burns.
- Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children or people who are infirmed and whenever the heater is left operating and unattended.
- Always unplug the heater when not in use.
- Do not attempt to repair this product yourself. If the product or its power supply experiences any malfunction or damage, stop using it immediately and contact Kogan.com to arrange a repair.
- Do not use the heater outdoors.
- This heater is not intended for use in a bathroom, laundry areas and similar moist indoor locations.
- Never place the heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- Do not run the power cord under carpeting. Do not cover the cord with throw rugs, runners or the like. Arrange the cord away from areas where it can be tripped over.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire or damage the heater.
- To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- A heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in the areas where gasoline, paint or flammable liquids are used or stored.
- Use this heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
Install the heater on a firm level surface free from obstructions and at least 1 metre away from any wall and any other objects such as furniture, curtains, plants or combustible material.
- Plug the heater into a grounded 220V outlet and a tone will sound to indicate the heater is in standby mode.
- Touch the Power button to cycle through the power settings:
- High speed > Low speed > OFF
- Touch the Heater button to toggle between Heater ON and Heater OFF.
- Touch the Humidifier to toggle between Humidifier ON and Humidifier OFF.
Turning the Unit Off
Use the power button to set the power setting to OFF. The fan will continue to run for approximately 10 seconds to cool down.
This heater will detect if the internal temperature exceeds normal operating temperatures and will shut down. If it does, carry out a reset:
- Turn the unit off.
- Unplug the unit and wait for 10 minutes.
- Plug in and turn it on.
If Your Heater Fails to Operate
- Ensure that it is plugged in and that the electrical outlet is working.
- Check that the set temperature is not set lower than the current room temperature, if it is, set the desired temperature higher than the current room temperature and it will resume heating automatically.
- Check for any obstruction. If you find an obstruction:
- Turn the heater off.
- Unplug the heater and wait at least ten minutes for it to cool.
- Carefully remove the obstruction.
- Plug the heater back in and restart it as described under OPERATION.
- If the issue persists, contact Kogan.com.
Cleaning & Care
The heater should be cleaned at least once a month and before off-season storage:
- Turn the heater OFF and unplug it. Allow it to cool.
- Use a dry cloth to clean the external surfaces of the heater.