Please handle this product with care and inspect it regularly to ensure it is in good working order.
If the product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug and contact Kogan.com support.
Safety & Warnings
- Ensure you have read and fully understand all of the instructions for this product before use.
- Do not use the pressure cooker for any purpose other than the one for which it is intended.
- This appliance is for household use only. Do not use outdoors.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should not use this appliance. Keep the appliance and its power cord out of reach of children.
- Do not let children near the pressure cooker when in use. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
- Staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments.
- By clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments.
- Bed and breakfast type environments.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Turn off and unplug the appliance before cleaning, maintenance or relocation and whenever it is not in use.
- Do not immerse any part of the appliance in water or other liquids.
- The pressure regulator allowing the escape of steam should be checked regularly to ensure that it is not blocked.
- The container must not be opened until the pressure has decreased sufficiently.
- The heating element surface is subject to residual heat after use: do not touch.
- The appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or a separate remote-control system.
- Do not put the pressure cooker into a heated oven.
- Use extreme care when moving the pressure cooker while it is pressurized. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use the handles and knobs. If necessary, use protective clothing and gloves.
- Never force open the pressure cooker. Do not open before making sure that its internal pressure has completely dropped.
- Never use your pressure cooker without adding water or food as it can become severely damaged.
- Do not fill the cooker beyond 2/3 of its capacity. When cooking foodstuffs which expand during cooking, such as rice or dehydrated vegetables, do not fill the cooker to more than half of its capacity.
- Use the appropriate heat source(s) according to the instructions for use.
- After cooking meat with skin (e.g. ox tongue) which may swell under the effect of pressure, do not prick the meat in which the skin is swollen, you may be scalded.
- When cooking doughy food, gently shake the cooker before opening the lid to avoid food ejection.
- Never use the pressure cooker in its pressurized mode for deep or shallow frying of food.
- Do not tamper with any of the safety systems beyond the maintenance instructions specified in the instructions for use.
- Only use parts provided or recommended by Kogan.com.
To avoid personal injury and property loss, be sure to observe the following safety precautions.
Do not disassemble
Do not touch with wet hands
Do not touch
Do not spray water
Remove the power plug
Death or serious injury may result if the warning items are disobeyed.
Physical injury or property damage may result if the caution items are disobeyed.
- Only use a 220-240V~ power outlet. Failure to use AC 220-240V~ can cause a fire or result in electric shock. Never use a faulty socket.
- Do not use this appliance with others connected to the same socket. A socket of more than 10A rated current with grounding wire must be used alone. If shared with other electrical appliances, excessive heat or fire may result.
- It is strictly prohibited to use another lid, use of non-original lid is not allowed as this may cause electric shock or safety hazards.
Important: Stop using if the power cord is damaged
- If the power cord is damaged, stop using it and contact Kogan.com.
- Do not insert foreign objects. It is prohibited to insert metal shavings, needles and other foreign matter in the socket gap as this may cause electric shock.
- Place the appliance in a location out of reach of infants to avoid electric shock and scalding.
- Modification or repair by nonprofessionals is prohibited and dangerous. Repair or replacement of parts must be completed by Kogan.com or a qualified technician.
- Products may not be immersed or sprinkled in water. Doing so, this could cause electric shock and electrical short circuits.
- Removing the power plug with wet hands may cause an electric shock.
- When pulling the plug, you must pinch the plug. Do not pull the power cord, otherwise, it will damage the cord, causing an electric shock and short circuit.
- Unplug when not in use. Otherwise, it may produce leakage, fire or failure.
- While cooking, never move your hands too close to the exhaust port to avoid burns.
- During cooking, do not cover the vent with a cloth or other objects.
- When the cooker is working, do not touch the lid as it will be very hot, and may cause scalding.
- Observe the maximum level indicator. The total amount of food and water cannot exceed the Max level indicator; otherwise, food may be cooked unfamiliar or cause malfunction.
- Only use the dedicated pot.
- When there is a foreign object on the bottom of the pot and heating plate surface, remove the foreign object before use, otherwise, it may cause overheating and damage.
- Do not put the inner pot on another appliance for heating. The inner pot may develop a deformation or fault if used with another heating appliance.
- When moving the product, hold the handle of the cooker body, do not directly hold the handle of the lid to avoid lid dropping.
- Do not use in the following locations:
- Unstable locations.
- Locations near water and fire.
- Near walls and furniture.
- Locations exposed to direct sunlight and oil splatter.
- Near a stove or heat source.
Opening the Lid
- When the electric pressure cooker is not operating, there is no pressure in the pot and the float valve is down.
- When the electric pressure cooker is operating, pressure in the cooker rises and the float valve rises, do not open the lid before the pressure has been completely released.
- If it is difficult to open the lid, do not force it open, otherwise, it may cause scalding or physical injury.
- Be sure to check periodically the cover and exhaust valves to ensure that they are not blocked.
- Do not cover the exhaust valve with a heavy object or replace it with other objects.
|1||Exhaust Valve Handle||11||Exhaust Valve (note)|
|2||Upper Cover Handle||12||Seal Ring Bracket|
|3||Seal Ring||13||Seal Gate (note)|
|4||Internal Side of Lid||14||Block Proof Cover|
|5||Water Box (note)||15||Inner Pot|
|6||Housing Cover||16||Outer Pot|
|7||Control Box||17||Cooker Body Handle|
|9||Exhaust Opening||19||Power Cord Socket|
Before first use, remove all accessories from the cooker body and read all instructions and warnings fully. Clean the inner pot before every use and ensure the exhaust is clear.
Delay Timer Function
Set the cooking time by pressing the "+"/"-" button.
Disassembly and Installation of Block-Proof Cover
1. Check if the seal ring and block proof cover are correctly installed in the upper cover before every use.
2. After use, please clean the seal ring and around the block proof cover to avoid jamming the cover. Keeping it clean will prevent bad odours.
Disassembly and Installation of Seal Ring
1. Do not pull the seal ring, otherwise, the ring may become distorted, affecting the seal and pressure.
2. Do not use if damaged, instead, contact Kogan.com to arrange a repair.
1. Open the lid correctly.
Holding the handle of upper cover, turn anticlockwise about 30° to align the arrow marks on the lid and body and lift.
2. Ensure the parts and accessories of the lid are installed securely.
Ensure the floater valve and exhaust valve are clear and confirm the sealing ring and block proof cover are installed securely.
3. Remove the inner pot and add food and water.
- Observe the "MAX" indicator marked on the inner pot.
4. Insert the inner pot into the cooker.
- Wipe clean the external surface of the inner pot.
- Turn the inner pot to ensure good contact with the heating plate.
5. Safely close the lid.
- Before closing the lid, ensure the sealing ring is secure.
- Holding the handle of the upper cover, turn clockwise about 30° to align the arrow marks on the body with the lock symbol on the lid.
6. Seal the exhaust valve
- Turn the exhaust valve closed to create pressure. For manual exhaust, turn it to the exhaust position.
- Ensure the floater valve drops down before turning on.
|Sealing schematic diagram||Exhaust schematic diagram|
- Turn on. If the buttons are inoperable, check the lid is closed properly.
- Select the required function: press the function button to select function and press the “+”/“-” button to adjust the cooking time.
- Press one function button, 10 seconds later it will start, or press the “Start” button. The electric pressure cooker starts to select the program of the corresponding function. 10 seconds after selecting the function, the electric pressure cooker starts working.
- After cooking, the cooker may automatically enter into the keep warm state. After cooking, the indicator of the corresponding function light will be off, and the keep warm indicator light will be on, the cooker makes a sound and enters keep warm mode. In standby, press the "Keep Warm" button, 10 seconds later it will start, or press the "Start" button. The keep-warm and start indicator lights will turn on, the cooker makes a sound and enters into the keep warm state.
- At any time, press the "Cancel" button to cancel the function and return to standby mode.
- A low clunking sound is normal during operation
- When cooking a small amount of food, the inner pot may be lifted when opening the lid, shake it gently to detach.
Opening the Lid
Turn off or remove the power plug.
To open the lid, allow the electric pressure cooker to cool until the float valve drops down.
|Cancel||At any time, press the "Cancel" button to cancel the current function and return to standby mode.|
Keep Warm Function
- After cooking, the electric pressure cooker automatically starts "keep warm" mode. The "keep warm" indicator light will illuminate.
- In standby, you may also press the “Keep Warm” button to enter keep warm function.
- Keep warm temperature is 60°C - 80°C.
Cleaning & Care
- Periodically clean the cooker and remove oil and dirt if it is stored on the table.
- Put the electric pressure cooker at least 30cm away from other kitchen appliances.
Clean After Use
- Clean after each use.
- Before cleaning and maintenance, unplug the power cord until the product cools.
- Remove the lid and inner pot, clean with detergent first, then rinse well with water and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
- Clean the internal side of the lid with water, the seal ring, block proof cover, exhaust valve core and float valve can be removed for washing, timely and correctly install them after washing and then dry the internal side of the lid with a cloth.
- Wipe and clean the cooker body with a rag. Do not soak the cooker body in water or spray water to it.
- Exhaust valve: Pull out the exhaust valve from the lid. Clean the internal side of the exhaust valve and float valve of the lid with brush and cloth at least once a month.
- Sealing gate: Please remove oil and dirt from the sealing gate with detergent and brush. The remained oil and dirt in it may appear in yellowish. After washing, it may return to the original stainless steel colour. It is suggested to clean the sealing gate once in every 2 months.
- Water box: After cooking, the steam may stay in the water box of the external pot as water. Water in the box should be removed for avoiding bad odours, please clean it with a clean cloth.
Stainless Inner Pot
- Do not use it to store acidic or preserved foods for a long period. Do not keep warm for longer than 2 hours.
- Do not use metal tools or other hard tools, otherwise, it will damage the inner surface of the pot.
Note: The inner pot’s finish may discolour after sustained use or scrubbing. This is normal and won't influence the function of the product.
|Size of Inner Pot||8.66"|
|Issue||Possible Cause||Steps to Resolve|
|The lid will not close easily||The sealing ring is not installed properly||Position the sealing ring well|
|The floater valve is clamping the pushrod||Lightly push the pushrod|
|The lid will not open||The float valve is in the popped-up position||Press the float valve lightly with a chopstick.|
|Pressure exists inside the cooker||Open the lid after the pressure is completely released.|
|Steam leaks from the lid||Sealing ring installed improperly||Install the sealing ring as required|
|Food debris attached to the sealing ring||Clean the sealing ring|
|Sealing ring damaged||Replace the sealing ring|
|The lid is not closed correctly||Close the lid correctly|
|Steam leaks from the float valve||Food debris on the float valve gasket||Clean the float valve gasket|
|Float valve gasket worn-out||Replace the float valve gasket|
|The float valve will not rise||Too little food and water in the inner pot||Add water and food according to the recipe|
|Steam leaks from the lid or exhaust valve||Contact Kogan.com|
|Steam comes out of the exhaust valve||Exhaust valve not in sealing position||Turn the exhaust valve to the sealing position|
|Pressure control fails||Contact Kogan.com|
|The power indicator doesn't turn on||Power socket does not have good contact||Check the power socket|
|All indicators flash||Display screen reads E1||Bottom sensor fault||Send to the service centre for repair|
|Display screen reads E2||High temperature since there isn't water in the inner pot||Add water according to the requirement|
|Display screen reads C1||High temperature since there isn't water in the inner pot||Put the inner pot correctly|
|Display screen reads E8||Pressure switch fault||Contact Kogan.com|
|The rice is half-cooked or too hard||Too little water||Add water accordingly|
|Lid opened prematurely||After the cooking cycle completes, leave the lid on for 5 more minutes.|
|The rice is too soft||Too much water||Reduce water accordingly|
In The Box
|Power Cord Components|
This marking indicates that this appliance should not be disposed of with other household wastes. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources.