Safety & Warnings
- Do not place any metal objects around the Wi-Fi controller.
- Ensure power supply and controllers are connected correctly.
- The power supply output voltage should be the same as the LED strip working voltage.
- Do not cover the surface of the power supply, Wi-Fi controller or LED strip.
- DC12-24V input connection port
- LED strip connection
- Function button:
- Power ON/OFF
- Long press to reset
- Connect the DC12/24V power supply.
- Install the Wi-Fi controller with a screw and 3m tape.
- Unfold the LED strip: if it is coiled up, there is a risk of overheating.
- Connect the LED strip to the controller.
- Run the Kogan SmarterHome™ app to test the product function.
Kogan SmarterHome™ Setup
Download the “Kogan SmarterHome™” app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
Note: The app is compatible with iOS 8.1 and higher.
Open the SmarterHome™ app and either register for a new account or log in with an existing account.
1. Turn the LED strip on and open the SmarterHome™ app home screen, ensuring the Wi-Fi signal is stable.
2. The LED strip will flash when you turn the power supply on. If it is not, long-press the function button to carry out a reset.
You can now add any LED strips you wish to use through the “Add Device” function in the app.
3. Select the Wi-Fi connection to add the device: input the Wi-Fi password as prompted, tap “Confirm” and wait for the matching to succeed.
Note: The LED strip should be on the same Wi-Fi network.
Through the SmarterHome™ app, you can use the following functions
Remote control: The LED strip can be controlled from anywhere after the smart device is successfully connected.
Timer function: Turn the LED strip on/off via a timer.
Intelligent scene: The system sets a variety of intelligent scenes and different scenes correspond to different lighting atmospheres.
Group: Group control is available only for the same type of product.
Device sharing: The device is shared with other user control devices in the home.
The LED strip can integrate with third-party systems such as Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
Google Home Control
Note: You will need to have set up a Google Home account prior to linking your Kogan SmarterHome™ device.
- Select “Menu” and then “Home Control”.
- In the “Home Control” screen, select the “+” icon in the bottom right.
- A list will appear showing actions and a search function to access more apps from here, install the SmarterHome™ app.
4. Log into your SmarterHome™ account with your email address or mobile number.
5. Once linked, it will show the devices linked to your account, you can assign them to rooms. You will be prompted to authorise apps to sync.
6. Click “Done” and then it will give you a list of commands available.
7. When successfully linked, you will see it on your “Home Control” screen at the bottom of the app screen. You can now control your Kogan SmarterHome™ devices through Google Home.
Note: You will need to have set up an Alexa account prior to linking your Kogan SmarterHome™ device.
- Select “Menu” and then “Skills”.
- Search for the app and enable it.
- Login to your SmarterHome™ account with your email address or mobile number.
- Select “Discover Devices” and the app will begin searching.
- When successfully linked, you will see a list of connected Kogan SmarterHome™ devices. You can now control your Kogan SmarterHome™ devices through Alexa with your voice.