Download the Kogan SmarterHome app from the Play Store or the App Store.
2. Enter your mobile or email and click "Get authentication code".
3. Enter the authentication code you received. Then enter the password and click "Completed" to complete registration.
Account ID and Password Login
Click "Log in with existing account" to proceed to the login page.
Enter the mobile phone number or email you have registered and enter the password in to log in page.
1. When logged in, navigate to "Add family" as shown in Fig. 1. Enter your preferred family name.
2. Click "Set location" to go to the map. Move the icon manually to change the address. Click "OK" to confirm the address, as shown in Fig. 2.
3. Click "Add Room" to add a room, as shown in Fig. 3. Click "Done" at the top right corner to complete room settings.
4. Room settings can be changed anytime by clicking on "…" as shown in Fig. 4
5. Click the drop-down menu at the top left corner to add a family and manage families.
6. One account can manage multiple families at the same time. You can access a family group by clicking "My Family".
Click "Add Device" or "+" at the top right corner of the App homepage to enter the "Add Device" page.
There are two ways to add a device: Add Manually or Search for Device.
The app supports two configurations: Default mode and AP mode (Wi-Fi direct). Click "AP Mode" at top right of the "Default mode" page (or vice versa) to toggle between modes.
For "Default mode", the indicator light on the smart device should be flashing rapidly (twice per second).
If the indicator light is not flashing rapidly, click to view the instructions.
Default Mode: Rapid Flashing
1. Power on the device. Power off after 10 seconds and then power on.
2. Turn On-Off-On-Off-On. Ensure the time interval is not too short, as soon a the light is on it can be turned off.
3. Confirm that the light bulb is now rapidly flashing.
AP Mode: Slow Flashing
Repeat the above; then, once the light is rapidly flashing, turn it on-off-on-off-on until the light starts slowly flashing.
Tap Confirm when the indicator illuminated and follow the Wi-Fi setup prompts (Default mode), as per Fig. 1–3. Names and locations of devices that have been configured successfully can be changed.
For AP Mode, you will be prompted to set up select a hotspot configuration.
Google Home Control
Note: You will need to have set up a Google Home account prior to linking your Kogan SmarterHome™ device.
1. Select “Menu” and then “Home Control”.
2. In the “Home Control” screen, select the + icon in the bottom right.
3. A list will appear showing actions and a search function to access more apps: from here, install the SmarterHome™ app.
|Login to App||Add Device||Select Device|
4. Log into your SmarterHome™ account with your email address or mobile number.
5. Once linked, it will show the devices linked to your account: you can assign them to rooms. You will be prompted to authorise apps to sync.
6. Click “Done” and then it will give you a list of commands available.
7. When successfully linked, you will see it on your “Home Control” screen at the bottom of the app screen. You can now control your Kogan SmarterHome™ devices through Google Home.
|Set Up New Device||Add and Manage Device|
|Assign Room||Update Home Control|
You will need to have set up an Alexa account prior to linking your Kogan SmarterHome™ device.
- Select “Menu” and then “Skills”.
- Search for the app and enable it.
- Log into your SmarterHome™ account with your email address or mobile number.
- Select “Discover Devices” and the app will begin searching.
- When successfully linked, you will see a list of connected Kogan SmarterHome™ devices. You can now
- Control your Kogan SmarterHome™ devices through Alexa with your voice.
|Alexa Account Setup||Search App in All Skills||Enable App|
|Login to App||Discover Devices||Setup Device|
- When devices are online, some will support the use of hotkeys. Click "Common Functions" to use them.
- When devices are offline, they will appear as "Offline" and will not be available for use.
Open the control panel for devices. For example, Fig.1 shows that the light is off and only the timer can be accessed in the off mode. Fig. 2 shows that the light is on and scene, colour, brightness and schedule can be configured in the on mode.
Click "..." at the top right corner of the control panel to manage individual devices.
Control Devices - Group Control
- Click "Create Group" under "More" on a selected device page, as shown in Fig.1.
- The page displays all devices with the same model number and available to be added as a group.
- Select a device and click "Save" and then enter the group name and click "confirm" to finish, as shown in Fig. 2.
- When a group has been created successfully, the page will be automatically redirected to the group control panel in Fig.3, where grouped devices can be managed.
- Groups that have been created can be viewed on the "Home" page and managed with hotkeys.
- Open the group control panel as shown in Fig.2.
- Click "..." at the top right corner to configure or dismiss groups, as shown in Fig.3.
- Click "Add smart" on the "Smart" page or "+" at the top right corner and select "Automation" to go to the smart configuration page, as shown in Fig.3.
- Click "+" as shown in Fig.3 to add multiple conditions or multiple actions.
For example, to add temperature as a condition, select temperatures as shown in Fig.2, configure temperature.
Click "Add action" or "+" at the top right corner to open the menu, as shown in Fig. 3.
There are four types of actions: execute scene, trigger automation, send a reminder and time-lapse (see below).
Valid Time Period
You can set a valid time period for automation. For example, if you define a scene where the light automatically lights up when the motion sensor detects human presence, you can select "Night" as the valid time period. In this case, it will not automatically turn on in the daytime.
In Fig.1, select the scene and enter the Settings page. As shown in Fig.2, you can edit the scene name. Click "Add actions" or "+" in the top right corner to add the execution action. The action menu is shown in Fig. 3.
To configure a scene with "Trigger automation", you must set up an automated scene in advance. If existing automation options are available as shown in Fig. 1, select "Enabled after triggering" or "Disable after triggering".