If you find that the time zone or language showing in your devices live feed, on the device or anywhere in the app is incorrect, this is easily rectified.
This issue can affect the recording and scheduling functions of any SmarterHome™ device that supports these functions.
To resolve this issue:
- Delete the cache and data of your app. This varies from device-to-device, but can usually be completed using the following steps:
- Open your phone's Settings.
- Tap Storage to open the storage settings page.
- Tap Other Apps to see a list of your installed apps.
- Find the SmarterHome™ app you want to Clear the Cache of and tap its listing.
- Tap the Clear Cache button and the Clear Storage button.
- Click on the App icon above the Clear Cache and Clear Storage button and select Uninstall.
- Once the cache is cleared and the app is uninstalled, turn off the device completely.
- Turn on the device and reinstall the Kogan SmarterHome™ app.
Once this is completed, it will reconnect to the WiFi network and sync to the correct timezone and you will be able to choose your preferred language.
If you have attempted these steps, or require any assistance with these steps, please contacting Kogan.com Support.