Safety & Warnings
- Do not install near flames or flammable gases and keep it away from water and moisture.
- Keep away from children.
- Do not install on an unstable surface/position.
- Do not stare directly at the light while it is on.
- To prevent the unit from falling, install the base unit tightly with expansion screws.
- The solar security light is not a crime-prevention measure. Always take reasonable precaution in securing your home and protecting yourself.
- Do not install in close proximity to other light sources.
- It the product or its power supply experiences any fault or damage, stop usind it and contact Kogan.com.
Battery is not replaceable. Please dispose the batteries according to the local laws and regulations of your region. Some batteries may be recycled and may be accepted for disposal at your local recycling centre.
|Lamp Head||Bracket A||Bracket B|
|Joining Module||Joining Screws||Steel Screws|
|Mounting Plate||Mounting Screws||Expansion Screws|
- Install the lamp approximately 2–4 metres above ground level.
- Drill two holes on the wall or other mounting surface 52mm apart.
- Insert expansion screws in the holes, then screw in the mounting screws. Don’t screw in too tightly: leave 1mm space between wall and screw cap.
- Press the mounting plate on screws and tighten the screws to attach.
- Assemble bracket A, joining module and bracket B by steel screws as per the diagram below. The first shows the light assembled with horizontal rotation; the second shows it with vertical rotation.
- Connect mounting plate, brackets and lamp head with two joining screws.
- Adjust the lamp’s angle and then turn it on.
- To maximise charge time, position the unit in a location with plenty of unobstructed sunlight and away from the shade.
- Lights will turn ON automatically at dusk. Lights will operate continuously for approximately 6 hours when fully charged.
- Install multiple lights at least 2 metres apart.
|Dimension||15.3 x 8.9 x 6.1cm|
|Material||Plastic ABS, poly silicon solar panel|
|Water resistance rating||IP44, suitable for use in rain|
|Charging Time||8 hours in strong sunshine|
|Ambient Brightness for Sensor Lighting Mode||<20Lux|
|Detection Range||Horizontal and vertical 120° on certain lighting direction|
|Detection Distance||5 metres activation distance from human beings or animals|
If the solar security light does not illuminate when movement in front of the sensor is obvious, check the following:
- Ensure that the solar panel is in a location where it will receive maximum sunlight during daytime hours.
- Clean solar cells with a damp towel. Do not apply excessive pressure and avoid the use of any solvents or cleaning agents on the solar panel.
- Ensure that the switch is installed correctly.
- Check that the batteries are installed correctly.
- Allow panel to charge in direct sunlight for 2 days to confirm that the batteries are fully charged.
- The light is designed to switch on when it turns dark. If there are strong light sources nearby, then the lights may be dim or not turn on.
- Replace the batteries.
This marking indicates that this appliance should not be disposed with other house-hold wastes. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources.