Safety & Warnings
- Do not install near flames or flammable gases and keep it away from water and moisture.
- Keep away from children.
- Do not install in an unstable surface or position.
- Do not stare directly at the light while it is on.
- To prevent the unit from falling, install the base unit tightly with expansion screws.
- The solar security light is not a crime-prevention measure. Always take reasonable precaution in securing your home and protecting yourself.
- Do not install in close proximity to other light sources.
- It the product or its power supply experiences any fault or damage, stop usind it and contact Kogan.com.
The battery is not replaceable. Please dispose of the batteries according to the local laws and regulations of your region. Some batteries may be recycled and may be accepted for disposal at your local recycling centre.
Note: The garden light comes turned OFF from the factory. On the underside of the solar panel, push the ON/OFF button once to begin charging. You will hear a low click.
- The rechargeable battery must charge for approximately 8-12 hours in direct sunlight prior to use.
- To maximise charge time, position the unit in a location with plenty of unobstructed sunlight and away from the shade.
- Lights will turn ON automatically at dusk. Lights will operate continuously for approximately 6 hours when fully charged.
Note: Overcast days and shade may affect the duration of light and brightness.
Note: Press down firmly as indicated while carefully manoeuvring from side to side until the stake is completely into the ground.
If the solar security light does not illuminate when movement in front of the sensor is obvious, check the following:
- Ensure that the solar panel is in a location where it will receive maximum sunlight during daytime hours.
- Clean solar cells with a damp towel. Do not apply excessive pressure and avoid the use of any solvents or cleaning agents on the solar panel.
- Ensure that the switch is installed correctly.
- Check that the batteries are installed correctly.
- Allow panel to charge in direct sunlight for 2 days to confirm that the batteries are fully charged.
- The light is designed to switch on when it turns dark. If there are strong light sources nearby, then the lights may be dim or not turn on.
- Replace the batteries.
This marking indicates that this appliance should not be disposed of with other household wastes. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources.