Safety & Warnings
- Do not install near flames or flammable gases and keep it away from water and moisture.
- Keep away from children.
- Do not install on an unstable surface/position.
- Do not stare directly at the light while it is on.
- To prevent the unit from falling, install the base unit tightly with expansion screws.
- The solar security light is not a crime-prevention measure. Always take reasonable precaution in securing your home and protecting yourself.
- Do not install in close proximity to other light sources.
- It the product or its power supply experiences any fault or damage, stop using it and contact Kogan.com.
The battery is not replaceable. Please dispose of the batteries according to the local laws and regulations of your region. Some batteries may be recycled and may be accepted for disposal at your local recycling centre.
Solar Panel Wall or Deck Mounted
Secure the bracket to the solar panel with the screw provided.
Place the bracket onto the surface and secure in place with the larger screws provided.
Adjust the angle of solar panel to ensure it receives optimum sunlight.
The solar panel is equipped with a 5-metre power cord so both units can be installed up to 5 metres apart.
1. Use the 'U' shaped mounting plate located to the rear of the lamp to mark where you want to install the lamp.
2. Make sure this is clear of obstacles such as cables.
3. Secure lamp to the wall with screws provided.
4. Carefully route the power cord from the solar panel to the lamp and plug it into the battery housing input.
5. Adjust the motion sensor so that it faces the area where motion is most likely to be detected. You can move it up and down by adjusting the screw on the neck of the motion detector
Lamp unit should be mounted 2-3 metres from the ground to ensure motion detection is optimised.
|1. Lamp||2. Solar panel|
|3. Expansion screw||4. LEDs|
|5. Battery housing||6. Motion detector head|
|7. U-Shaped mounting plate||8. ON/OFF/AUTO switch|
|9. Battery housing outlet||10. Solar panel mounting bracket|
|11. LUX (Light sensitivity) dial||12. SENS dial|
|13. Time dial||14. Lithium battery (not shown)|
1. Located on the front of the light there is a switch with 3 positions.
- “Auto”- When the switch is the Auto position, the solar security light will turn on automatically at night once motion is detected
- “On” - When the switch is in the ON position, the light remains on and can be used as a regular light.
- “OFF”- When the switch is in the OFF position, the light remains off and will not detect any movement.
2. Allow LED solar security light to charge for at least 3 days with the switch in the OFF position.
How to use the Control Dials
The LED solar security light has 3 different control dials which allows you to adjust the settings.
- Sensitivity to Light (Lux).
- Illumination duration once motion has been detected (Time).
- Sensitivity to motion.
- This is the level of darkness reached before the light turns on.
- If set to the maximum level, the light will turn on in most situations, ranging from dusk to daylight.
- If set to minimum the sensor will only trigger when it is dark. This is the most ideal position for general evening and night operation.
- The time adjusting dial will set the duration of time the light will stay illuminated for after motion has been detected.
- The time can be adjusted from 8 seconds up to 2 minutes.
- Rotate the dial clockwise to extend the time of illumination.
- This determines the range of the motion detector.
- Mid position - Normal Setting.
- Maximum position - Maximises sensors range (5 metres). (Fig 8 and 9)
Cleaning & Care
To maintain maximum illumination, always keep the solar panel clean and free from dust and debris. Do not use any solvents or cleaning agents on the solar panel. If cleaning is required, please use a soft damp cloth or paper towel.
For long-term storage, charge the battery for 2-3 days before removing the battery pack and storing the light and battery in a cool, dry environment.
If the solar security light does not illuminate when movement in front of the sensor is obvious, check the following:
- Ensure that the solar panel is in a location where it will receive maximum sunlight during daytime hours.
- Clean solar cells with a damp towel. Do not apply excessive pressure and avoid the use of any solvents or cleaning agents on the solar panel.
- Ensure that the switch is installed correctly.
- Check that the batteries are installed correctly.
- Allow the panel to charge in direct sunlight for 2 days to confirm that the batteries are fully charged.
- The light is designed to switch on when it turns dark. If there are strong light sources nearby, then the lights may be dim or not turn on.
- Replace the batteries.
Batteries are located in battery housing located in front of the lamp.
- Remove screws from front of the battery housing to access batteries.
- Replace batteries with rechargeable batteries of the same type and rating
- Reassemble the battery housing.
Rechargeable batteries may last up to 800 charges. For best performance, replace batteries every 12 months.
This marking indicates that this appliance should not be disposed of with other household wastes. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources.