1. Plug the device into a power socket.
2. Connect the power lead of the controller to your garage door opener terminal, which should be connected to the wall button.
3. Attach the sensor to garage door. Ensure the sensor orientation is correct.
Download the "Kogan SmarterHome" app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
If you do not have a Kogan SmarterHome account, register or sign in with a verification code sent by SMS.
- Tap to enter registration page.
- The system automatically recognises your country/area. You can also select your country code manually. Enter your mobile phone number/email address and tap "Next".
- If you choose the mobile phone number option, then enter the verification code in the message sent to you by SMS. Set a password as prompted and press "Confirm" to finish your registration.
Add Device Through Network
1. Power the SmarterHome device on, check that the Wi-Fi indicator is rapidly blinking in red. If not, long-press the Wi-Fi button for 3 seconds to reset the device.
2. Open Kogan SmarterHome app and tap "+" in the upper right to add a new device through the network.
3. Ensure the device’s indicator light rapidly flashes and tap "Confirm indicator rapidly blinking".
4. Select “Plug with energy meter”.
5. Connect to Wi-Fi network (note: Network must be 2.4GHz band) and return to the SmarterHome app.
The device will commence the pairing process and connect to the app.
6. After successfully configuring the devices, the device will be shown on the home page. Tap to enter its control page. The Wi-Fi indicator light will be solid green.
- When device is online, it can be controlled.
- When device is offline, it displays "Offline" and cannot be remotely powered on.
- The garage door opener does not support 5GHz networks; ensure your Wi-Fi network is 2.4GHz.
7. Open/Close the door through app and check the status on your app.
- If the status is incorrect, try to open and close the door repeatedly and it will correct itself.
- If it is still displayed correctly, long press the Wi-Fi button for 7 seconds to reset the sensor and then open or close the door for 3-5 times.