Safety & Warnings
- This device must be used in an environment where the ambient temperature is between 5°C and 35°C
- Do not expose the device to rain or humidity and keep it away from liquids. If water or other liquid is spilled on the Notebook, switch off the device immediately and wait until it is completely dry before turning it back on.
- Do not expose the device to solar radiation.
- Do not use strong solvents, liquid detergents or other chemicals on or near the surface of the device to prevent corrosion or deterioration of the surface.
- Do not expose the device to dusty environments.
- Do not use the device during a gas leak.
- Do not expose the device to strong magnetic or electrical fields.
- You can pass the device through airport X-ray detectors. However, it is recommended that you do not pass your device through the magnetic detection portals or expose it to portable detectors.
- Do not place any objects on the device.
- Do not place the device on an uneven or unstable surface.
- Ensure that the device is protected from falls or other shocks that may damage it.
- Do not leave the device on or in change on your knees or any other part of your body to avoid the risk of heat-related injuries.
- Turn off the unit before transporting or covering it with materials that do not allow for optimum air circulation.
- Do not use damaged power cords, accessories or other peripherals with your device.
- We recommend exclusively using the accessories (power supply. etc.) supplied with the device.
- Use only original batteries. Replacing the battery with an incorrect battery can lead to an explosion.
- Do not disassemble, modify or repair the device yourself, otherwise the guarantee will be voided.
- Please save your important content regularly to avoid data loss.
- Our company disclaims all responsibility for any loss or suppression of elements contained in the device due to improper use of the hardware or software, lack of maintenance or any other accidental event.
Please read the following instructions for the battery of your Kogan device carefully:
- Only a technician authorized by Kogan is authorized to remove and handle the battery
- Your Kogan battery may present a fire or burn hazard if removed or disassembled
- Please observe the information on the device’s warning labels to prevent injury
- There is a risk of explosion if the battery is replaced by an incorrect model
- Do not throw the battery into the fire
- Do not attempt to short-circuit the Kogan battery
- Do not attempt to disassemble the battery or reassemble the battery
- Stop using the battery if it leaks
- The battery and its components must be recycled or disposed of properly
- Keep the battery and its components out of the reach of children
The lightning flash symbol with an arrow in an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence or an uninsulated (dangerous voltage) inside the product, which is of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock.
In the documentation supplied with the device, the exclamation point in an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance instructions.
At full volume, prolonged listening on the portable audio device can damage the user’s hearing.
Front and Rear Camera / Webcam
|Use this camera for video calls or to take pictures.|
The multi-touch touch screen interface allows you to use all the functions of your tablet with gestures and enter text with the virtual keyboard.
Press and hold this button to turn the unit or off. A short press of this button allows you to put the Tablet in standby mode or remove it from the standby mode. In the case of a shelf lock, hold the power button for 6 seconds to force the shelf off. Forcing the tablet to shut down can result in data loss, be sure to back up your data regularly.
Volume Control Button
<<+>>is used to increase the volume,<<->>is used to reduce the volume.
This indicator lights up while the tablet is charging.
The microphone lets you use your tablet’s voice commands, make audio/video calls or make audio recordings.
Headphone and Microphone Jack
Use this port to connect external speakers or headphones to your tablet.
OTG-compatible [On-The GO USB 2.0 Micro USB 2.0 type B port]
This port is used to power your tablet and recharge its battery when connected to the AC power supply. This port is compatible with USB devices such as a keyboard, mouse, flash memory readers, external hard disk, printer, etc.. The use of a USB Type-A female to Micro-USB Type-B male USB adapter will be required to connect some peripherals.
Port Mini HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface)
|This port allows you to connect your tablet to an HDMI-compatible device such as a TV, monitor or projector.|
OTG-compatible [On-The GO USB 2.0 Micro USB 2.0 type B port (On-The-GO)]
|This part does not charge external devices, it is for data transfer only.|
|Connect the adapter to this port to charge the device.|
Micro-SD Card Reader
The micro-SD card reader allows you to read or write to micro-SDHC /micro-SDXC memory cards.
This connector allows the tablet to be connected to the Keyboard.
|The touchpad lets you enjoy the features of a mouse. It offers an intuitive interface thanks to the multi-gesture features.|
Port USB 2.0 type A
Charge the battery of your device
- Plug the power adapter into a grounded electrical outlet.
Note: Charge your Kogan device before using it for the first time.
Switching on / off your device
Turn on your device by pressing the power button for a long time.
Turn off your device
- Open the Start menu
- Press the Shutdown button
Windows 10 S Mode
This device may arrive in "S Mode" meaning that no external .exe files can be directly installed on to the Notebook. You may still install apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store.
This is intended for higher security and performance of the device.
If you want to install an app that isn't available on the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode.
You can easily switch out of S mode, however, keep in mind that you cannot go back to S Mode once you have switched.
Switching out of S mode
- On your PC running Windows S mode, open Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
- In the switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, select Go to the Store. (If you also see an "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section, be careful not to click the "Go to the Store" link that appears there).
- On the Switch out of S Mode (or similar) page that appears on the Microsoft Store, select the Get button. After you see a confirmation message on the page, you'll be able to install apps from outside the Microsoft Store.