Safety and Warnings
Read all instructions before beginning assembly. Failure to do so may result in potential injury. Assemble the item on a soft, non-abrasive surface such as a carpet or cardboard to avoid damaging the item.
- This product must only be used for its intended purpose as outdoor furniture.
- Check the product regularly to ensure it is functioning correctly, it is free from damage or loose connections. This is especially important at the beginning of the season or if the product has been stored away for a prolonged period. If the product is damaged, do not use it, instead, contact Kogan.com.
- Damage to the product may endanger your safety or shorten the life of the product. Replace all damaged parts immediately.
- Should this unit be operated under conditions other than those recommended, or any attempts are made to service or modify the unit, the warranty may become void.
- DO NOT allow children to play with this product.
- Do not stand on the assembled product.
- Use only on a stable flat surface.
- This parasol must be used with a suitable base (not supplied). The base must be sufficient to hold the weight of the parasol but care must be taken to ensure the stability of the parasol at all times.
- Whilst assembling this product, keep out of the reach of children.
- Ensure that your working area is free of possible sources of danger, for example, don’t leave any tools lying around during or after use.
- Always dispose of packaging material responsibly and in such a way that it may not cause any danger. There is always a risk of suffocation if children play with plastic bags!
- Interlock the base crossbars and align the base plate of the base pole with the holes on the crossbar.
- Secure the base pole to the crossbars using the bolts provided.
- Slide the canopy section pole into the base pole, allowing the pins of the canopy section to align with the slots on the base pole.
- Secure the canopy section using the two thumb-wheel bolts on the base pole.
- Raise the clamp lever upwards to unlock the clamp lever collar and then slide the collar upwards until it stops. Lower the clamp lever to lock the collar in place.
- Push the rear arm upwards fully (which will push the parasol out) and slide the locking collar down the arm and over the bracket to lock it in place.
- Turn the crank at the base of the arm clockwise to open the parasol.
Cleaning and Care
Your new garden parasol is made from the finest materials available and should provide many years of enjoyment with minimal care. To help prolong its life, clean once a year before storage. For best results, wipe over with clean soapy water. Never use scourers, abrasives or chemical cleaners. If you use parasol covers, always make sure the parasol is clean and completely dry before covering as mould may form in dark, wet places. It is recommended to store your parasol in a clean dry place when not being used and check for any damage when taking out of storage.