Please handle this product with care and inspect it regularly to ensure it is in good working order.
If the product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug and contact Kogan.com support.
Safety & Warnings
- Use only on AC 220-240V, 50/60Hz. Use only in household environments.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles.
- To protect against the risk of electric shock, do not immerse the cord, plug or unit in water or any other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when the appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning appliance.
- Do not operate the appliance if it’s damaged in any manner or malfunctions. In order to avoid the risk of an electric shock, never try to repair the Sandwich Press yourself. Contact Kogan.com for examination and repair. Incorrect reassembly could present a risk of electric shock when the Sandwich Press is used.
- The use of accessory or attachments not recommended by the manufacturer may result in fire, electrical shock or risk of injury to persons.
- Do not use outdoors or for commercial purposes.
- Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of the table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or heated oven.
- Unplug the unit when finished using.
- Extreme caution must be exercised when moving the appliance.
- Do not operate the Sandwich Press in the vertical position, only position it vertically for storage.
Before First Use
- Remove all packaging
- Clean the cooking plates by wiping with a sponge or cloth dampened in warm water. Do not immerse the unit and do not run water directly into the cooking surfaces.
- Dry with a cloth or paper towel.
- For best results, lightly coat the cooking plates with a little cooking oil or cooking spray.
Notice: When your Sandwich Press is heated for the first time, it may emit slight smoke or odour. This is normal with many heating appliances. This does not affect the safety of your appliance.
How to Use
- Close the Sandwich Press and plug it into the wall outlet, you will notice that the red and green light will come on; indicating that the Sandwich Press has begun preheating.
- It will take approximately 5 minutes to reach baking temperature; the green light will turn off.
- Open the Sandwich Press; put the sandwich, meat or other foods on the bottom cooking plate.
- Close the Sandwich Press. The green light will turn on again.
- Cook for about 3 to 6 minutes or until golden brown, adjusting the time to suit your own individual taste. The green light will turn off again.
- When the foods are cooked, use the handle to open the lid. Remove the foods with the help of a plastic spatula. Never use metal tongs or a knife as these can cause damage to the non-stick coating of the cooking plates.
- Once you are finished cooking, disconnect the plug from the wall outlet and leave unit open to cool.
To remove cooking plates
- Always unplug the Sandwich Press and allow it to cool before removing the cooking plates.
- Open the Sandwich Press; locate the plate release buttons on the front of the unit. Press firmly on the button and the plate will pop up slightly from the base. Grasp the plate with two hands, slide it out from under the metal brackets and lift it out of the base. Press on the other plate-release button to remove the other cooking plate in the same manner.
Cleaning & Care
- Always unplug the Sandwich Press and allow it to cool before cleaning. The unit is easy to clean when slightly warm. There is no need to disassemble the Sandwich Press for cleaning. Never immerse the Sandwich Press in water or place in dishwasher.
- The cooking plates can be cleaned in water or a dishwasher.
- Wipe the cooking plates with a soft cloth to remove food residue. For baked-on food residue, squeeze some warm water mixed with detergent over the food residue and then clean with a non-abrasive plastic scouring pad or place wet kitchen paper over the grill to moisten the food residue.
- Do not use anything abrasive that can scratch or damage the non-stick coating.
- Do not use metal utensils to remove your foods; they can damage the non-stick surface.
- Wipe the outside of the Sandwich Press with a damp cloth only. Do not clean the outside with any abrasive scouring pad or steel wool, as this will damage the finish. Do not immerse in water or any other liquid.
- Do not place in the dishwasher.
- Remove and empty the drip tray after each use and wash the tray in warm, soapy water. Avoid the use of scouring pads or harsh detergents, as they may damage the surface.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth and replace.
- Always unplug the Sandwich Press before storage.
- Always make sure the Sandwich Press is cool and dry before storing.
- The power cord can be wrapped around the bottom of the base for storing.