Install the Application
Download the "Kogan SmarterHome" app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
If you do not have a Kogan SmarterHome account, register or sign in with a verification code sent by SMS.
- Tap to enter registration page.
- The system automatically recognises your country/area. You can also select your country code manually. Enter your mobile phone number/email address and tap "Next".
- If you choose the mobile phone number option, then enter the verification code in the message sent to you by SMS. Set a password as prompted and press “Confirm” to finish your registration.
Add Device Through Network
- Power the SmarterHome device on and follow the product-specific instructions to enter the Wi-Fi-connect mode.
- Open Kogan SmarterHome app and tap "+" in the upper right to add a new device through the network.
- Ensure the device’s indicator light rapidly flashes and tap "Confirm light is rapidly flashing".
Select Wi-Fi network (note: network must be 2.4GHz band) and enter the password. The device will commence the pairing process and connect to the app.
- After successfully configuring the devices, the device will be shown on the home page. Tap to enter its control page.
- When the device is online, it can be controlled.
- When the device is offline, it displays "Offline" and cannot be remotely powered on.
Click the pull-down arrow at the top left corner to add a household and manage households.
One account can manage multiple households at the same time.
The user can operate a device in a household by selecting it in the household menu.
When the current internet status is unstable, use AP Mode to connect.
1. Long press the unit’s reset button for 5 seconds or longer until the Wi-Fi indicator light slowly flashes, then tap "Confirm indicator slowly blink".
2. Select Wi-Fi and input the password.
Open the mobile device’s wireless settings and then connect to the hot spot named "SmartLife-XXXX".
3. The app page goes through the changes during the configuration process and then once connected, the "Device added successfully" message appears.
Before you start:
Remove it from the packaging, insert it into an appropriate electric outlet and connect your electric device using the plug or cable connected to the electric device.
Follow any precautions and instructions as per the device.
After selecting the device from the 'Devices' screen in the app, the Control Panel screen appears.
Control panel: Socket and USB ports ON/OFF
Tap the socket and USB images to switch the outlet ON or OFF. When the unit is switched on at the wall, the Control Panel options are displayed in below pictures.
Control panel options:
- Master switch: Controls all the sockets and USB ports.
- Switch 1-4: Switches the outlets or USB ports ON and OFF separately.
- Schedule: Add scheduled timers for turning the outlets or USB ports on/off.
- Countdown: Sets a timer countdown for turning off the outlets or USB ports.
- Power Calculates power consumption.
Device Modification Menu
Click the “…” on the top right to enter the device modification menu.
The device modification menu is shown in the picture:
- Change Basic Information: You can change the name and location of a device.
- Shared Devices: You can share any individual device with others by entering their mobile phone numbers. (Note: Their mobile phone numbers must be registered with SmarterHome app and registered for the same region.)
- Create Group: All the devices that have been added and with the same model number will appear when you click. A group cannot be created for devices with different model numbers.
- Device Information: Check device ID, Wi-Fi signal strength, IP address, Mac address and device time zone.
- Feedback: You can submit feedback on problems encountered during usage.
- Check for a Firmware Update: You can check the firmware version and update.
- Remove Device: Delete a previously added device from the list of devices.
- Factory Reset: Remove devices and clear all data.
- Tap "Shared devices" in more pages.
- Tap "Shared devices", tap "Add".
- Enter a phone number or email of the account, tap "Done".
Remove the shared user to stop sharing with an account previously added, press and hold to delete in Android or slide to the left to delete in iOS.
- Click "Create Group" under "More" on a selected device page.
- The page displays all devices with the same model number that are available to be added as a group. Select a device and click Save, then enter the group name and click OK to finish.
- When a group has been created successfully, the page will be automatically redirected to a group control panel, where grouped devices can be managed.