Safety & Warnings
Ensure all instructions are thoroughly understood and adhered to. Failure to do so will cause damage, injury or danger.
Do not attempt to touch the drone whilst it is operating under any circumstances.
- This Viper-X Drone is not a toy and can be dangerous when used incorrectly. Please follow all instructions while operating. Disassembling or modifying the drone arbitrarily, operating improperly or being unfamiliar with this product may cause damage or danger.
- Kogan assumes no liability for accidental damages by in proper assembly or operation in unsafe manners. This product is intended for use by a person of age 14 years or older. Please ensure the product is operated in a safe environment.
- It is recommended that you seek the assistance of an experienced pilot before attempting to fly the drone for the first time. A local expert is the best way to properly assemble, setup and fly your model for the first time. It requires a certain degree of skill to operate and is an item subject to normal wear and tear. Any damage or dissatisfaction as a result of accidents or modifications are not covered under warranty.
- Fly only in safe areas away from people. Do not operate aircraft within the vicinity of people. Aircraft are prone to accidents and failures when piloted incorrectly. Pilots are responsible for their actions as well as damage or injury caused by pilot error and radio interference.
- This product is suitable for indoor and outdoor use (the wind grade should be no more than 4). Please choose a place without obstacles and keep a safe distance from crowds and pets. Don't use the drone under unsafe conditions such as near heat sources, wires or electronic power sources, in order to prevent a collision, entanglement and fire, electric shock and other dangers.
- Models are composed of many precision electrical components. It is critical to keep the model and associated equipment away from moisture and other contaminants. The introduction or exposure to water or moisture in any form can cause the model to malfunction resulting in a crash. Do not operate or expose to rain or moisture.
- To avoid potential fire hazard from batteries, please do not short, reverse polarity or puncture batteries. Battery charging must be done under supervision at all times and at a location out of reach of children. Double-check the four before charging. The manufacturer of this product will not be liable for accidental damages incurred by charging or using incorrect batteries or the use of an incorrect charger.
- Make sure that the batteries are installed based on polarity indicated in the case and do not mix batteries of different chemistry/specification. Please take out the batteries if you are not going to use the device for a long time to avoid potential leakage which may damage the transmitter. Please dispose of depleted batteries according to local laws and ordinances. Do not dispose of the battery or drone improperly.
- Li-Polymer batteries pose higher operational risks compared to other battery chemistry types, thus it is imperative to follow its usage instructions. Kogan assumes no liability for accidental damages caused by improper usage. Do not use a charger other than the factory supplied unit to avoid potential fire and explosion. Do not crush, disassemble, burn or reverse polarity. Avoid metallic materials coming into contact with the battery's terminals and causing a short circuit, and never puncture batteries to avoid fire hazards. Battery charging must be done under supervision at all times and at a location out of reach of children.
- Please stop the using or charging the battery if there is an unusual increase in battery temperature after use. Continuous use of this battery may cause it to expand, deform, explode or even result in fire hazards.
- Models are made of various forms of plastic. Plastic is very susceptible to damage or deformation due to extreme heat and cold climate. Make sure not to store the model near any source of heat such as an oven or heater. It is best to store the model indoors, in a climate-controlled, room temperature environment.
- The drone is only suitable for use by people 14 years and older. It is recommended that people between 14-20 use the drone under supervision.
- Drones are not to be flown within 5km of airports. Many locations are considered no-fly zones and you must ensure that you fly in areas that align with your local laws and ordinances.
- Please do not put heavy objects directly onto the drone.
- Remove the battery cover (Figure 1).
- Install 4 AA batteries (not included) into the transmitter with the correct polarity and then reattach the battery cover (Figure 2).
1. Eye-Distance adjustment: Pilots with Myopia can adjust eye-distance separately.
2. IPD adjustment: Adjust the IPD according to your preferences for the best viewing experience.
3. Left-side headphone jack: You can plug in headphones or an external USB line.
4. Sliding panel: The front can slide to expose the camera.
5. Install the phone: Insert your phone into the viewer to start using it.
6. Right-side headphone jack: Optionally, you can plug in headphones or external USB line.
- Install the landing skids onto the bottom of the Viper-X Drone. (Figure 1)
- Install the blade protecting frame onto every corner and then tighten the screws. (Figure 2)
Phone Holder Installation
- Place the phone holder on the antenna position. (Figure 1)
- Fasten it with a screw. (Figure 2)
1. Add VeeR VR video software to your mobile by scanning the QR code below.
2. In the VR app settings, switch to side-by-side mode.
3. Insert your phone into the viewer to use.
Preparing to Fly Your Viper-X Drone
Step 1: Slide the ON/OFF power switch to the on position.
Step 2: Open the battery cover and install and plug in the battery.
Step 3: Close the battery cover and turn on the Viper-X Drone.
Step 4: Push the throttle lever to the highest position and then pull it back to the lowest position. There will be one clear sound from the transmitter, this shows that the Viper-X Drone is ready to fly.
In case of unusual flight characteristics such as sideward flight, restore the drone to factory default settings by following the steps.
1. Press the power switch to turn on the transmitter.
2. Press the power switch to turn on the Viper-X Drone.
3. When the Viper-X Drone indicator changes from quick flashing to slow flashing, please push the throttle lever to the highest position and then pull it back to the lowest position. The Viper-X Drone indicator will then change from slowly flashing to a solid light.
4. Place the Viper-X Drone on a horizontal flat surface, then push the transmitter's left and right thumbsticks to the lowest right corner for about 2-3 seconds. The indicator on the Viper-X Drone will change from solid to quick flashing. After 2-3 seconds, the indicator will change to solid, meaning the Viper-X Drone has been restarted/reset successfully.
Changing the Battery of the Viper-X Drone and Charging
1. Push the on/off switch on the Viper-X Drone to the OFF position and then open the battery cover.
2. Pull out the battery wire from the power port.
3. Take out the USB charging cable and insert the battery.
4. Make sure the ports connect tightly and in the correct orientation.
5. Reconnect the battery wire to the power port and then close the battery cover.
The charging time is about 70-90 minutes and the flying time is about 6-7.
Flying the drone
Push the throttle up or down, to turn the Viper-X Drone left or right.
Push the direction lever up or down and the Viper-X Drone will fly left or right.
If the Viper-X Drone flies forward or backward, you can correct it by fine-tuning with the forward and backwards trim buttons.
If the Viper-X Drone keeps flying to the left or right side, you can correct it by fine-tuning with the crab trim buttons.
Viper-X Drone Functions
When the Viper-X Drone’s battery is low, the rotors will stop. The Viper-X Drone’s control system protects the battery automatically. When the drone has low battery, the light will flash.
When the Viper-X Drone rotating blade is jammed, the control system will stop supplying power to the rotors automatically. Please turn off the drone and remote and then repair.
Acrobatic Flight Instructions
When you are familiar with the basic operation, you can do some awesome and exciting tricks and stunts!
First, fly the aircraft to a height of more than 3 metres. Press the roll switch on the rear right side of the transmitter, then push the right rudder (in any direction) to start a 360-degree flip.
Note: When the Viper-X Drone is used with a camera, acrobatics are not possible.
Headless Flight Return
- Face the drone so it is facing the same direction as you, in front of you.
- Press the headless flight mode button (a slowly flashing indicates the drone is in headless flight mode).
- The drones heading will lock. After the course has locked, the orientation of the drone will not matter. When you turn your drone to the right (so that it’s now ‘facing’ your right), it’ll still go forward when you push the rudder forward. Without this setting enabled, this would make the drone go right. This function should be used in case of an emergency.
- If the heading deviates, push the two levers down to the lower right corner simultaneously to calibrate. The lights will flash fast when calibrating and turn off when calibration is completed.
- Pressing the headless flight mode button again will cancel the headless flight mode.
- If the drone cannot be clearly seen, please press the return key. The drone will fly backwards.
- When you can identify the direction of the vehicle, press any stick on the right side of remote to return to normal.
- Make sure that the 3-pin plug of the camera is inserted to the Viper-X Drone.
- Turn the Viper-X Drone’s power on, the camera will be working normally when the GREEN light is on, the RED light will flash.
How to capture photo and video:
- Push the take photo button, the camera will take a photo after a beep from the transmitter and the GREEN indicator on the camera will be RED and flashing.
- To capture video, press the take video button. The camera will record video after a beep from the transmitter and the GREEN indicator on the camera will change to RED and then keep glowing. Press the button lightly again and another beep from the transmitter and the RED flashing light on the camera will be GREEN and solid.
Search for "HT-UFO" in the App Store or in Google Play to get the app.
Alternatively, scan the QR code to download the app.
Google Play iOS
Turn on the drone and check if your phones WIFI is connected with hotspot: “HT-****&FH8610-****”.
If not, connect to “HT-****&FH8610-****”. No password is required.
Click the "Play" button from the first page to get to the recording page
Click "Settings" on the first page to enter the settings page. You can set up partial parameters.
The setting page allows you to change settings and check the software version.
Whilst flying, the buttons at the top of the page allow you to change a number of settings:
- Take Photo
- Record Video
- Photo&Video Playback
- Altitude Hold
- Speed:Slow 30%,Quick 60%, High 100%
- Gravity Sensor Mode
- Show/Hide Control Interface
- Show/Hide Setup Menu
- Lighting Control
- Camera Flip
- 3D View
- Flight Path
- Gyro Calibrate
- Headless Mode
- One Key Return
- 360° Roll
- Emergency Stop
- One Key Take-Off
- One Key Landing
- Throttle Control
- Left/Right Roll
- Left/Right Roll Fine-Tune
- Left/Right Fine-Tune
- Forward/Backward Fine-Tune
- Voice Control
The VR app setting must be in split-screen mode (Side-by-side mode).
Insert your phone on the side of the viewer.
Align the middle line when you install smartphone into viewer.
Adjust IPD and eye-distance to avoid dizziness.
Control your viewing angle by tilting your head
There are three rubber pads
Please stick the rubber pads onto the phones holder according to the position of the phone buttons. Please refer to the figures below:
In the Box
Upper body x1
Lower body x1
Main blades x4
Protecting frames x4
Landing skids x2
Led light x2
Receiver board x1
USB charging x1
Phone holder x1