Safety & Warnings
This section contains important information about the operation of your device. It also contains information about how to use the device safely. Read this information carefully before using your device.
Do not use the device if doing so causes danger or interference with other electronic devices.
Interference with medical equipment
- Follow any rules and regulations set forth by hospitals and health care facilities. Do not use your device where prohibited.
- Some wireless devices may affect the performance of hearing aids or pacemakers. Consult your service provider for more information.
- Pacemaker manufacturers recommend that a minimum distance of 15cm shall be maintained between a device and a pacemaker to prevent potential interference with the pacemaker. If using a pacemaker, hold the device on the side opposite the pacemaker if required to hold and do not carry the device in your front pocket.
Areas with flammables and explosives
- Do not use the device where flammables or explosives are stored (in a gas station, oil depot or chemical plant). Using your device in these environments increases the risk of explosion or fire. In addition, follow the instructions indicated in text or symbols.
- Do not store or transport the device in containers with flammable liquids, gases or explosives.
- Avoid dusty, damp or dirty environments. Avoid magnetic fields. Using the device in these environments may result in circuit malfunctions.
- Before connecting and disconnecting cables, stop using the device and disconnect it from the power supply. Ensure that your hands are dry during operation.
- Place the device on a stable surface.
- Keep the device away from electronic appliances that generate strong magnetic or electric fields, such as a microwave oven or refrigerator.
- During thunderstorms, power off your device and remove all cables connected to it to protect against power surges due to lightning strikes.
- Ideal operating temperatures are 0°C to +40°C. Ideal storage temperatures are -20°C to +70°C. Extreme heat or cold may damage your device or accessories.
- Keep the device and accessories in a well-ventilated, cool area away from direct sunlight. Do not enclose or cover your device with towels or other objects.
- Do not place the device in a container with poor heat dissipation, such as a box or bag.
- To protect your device or accessories from fire or electrical shock hazards, avoid rain and moisture.
- Keep the device away from sources of heat and fire, such as a heater, microwave oven, stove, water heater, radiator or candle.
- Do not place any object, such as a candle or a water container on the device. If any foreign object or liquid enters the device, immediately stop using it, power it off and remove all cables connected to it.
- Do not block device openings. Reserve a minimum space of 10cm around the device to dissipate heat.
- Stop using your device or applications for a while if the device is overheated. If the skin is exposed to an overheated device for an extended period, low-temperature burn symptoms, such as red spots and darker pigmentation, may occur.
- Do not touch the device's antenna. Otherwise, communication quality may be reduced.
- Do not allow children or pets to touch the device or accessories. Doing so may result in damage or harm.
- Observe local laws and regulations and respect the privacy and legal rights of others.
- The device should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20cm between the unit and your body.
- Keep the device in a place with good reception. The distance between the device and other metal materials (such as metal brackets or metal doors and windows) should be greater than 25cm and the distance between the devices should be greater than 30cm.
- Comply with all precautions regarding child safety. Letting children play with the device or its accessories may be dangerous. The device includes detachable parts that may present a choking hazard. Keep away from children.
- The device and its accessories are not intended for use by children. Children should only use the device with adult supervision.
Power adapter safety
- The power plug is intended to serve as a disconnect device.
- For pluggable devices, the socket-outlet shall be installed near the devices and shall be easily accessible.
- Unplug the power adapter from electrical outlets and the device when not in use.
- Do not drop or cause an impact on the power adapter.
- If the power cable is damaged (for example, the cord is exposed or broken) or the plug loosens, stop using it at once. Continued use may lead to electric shocks, short circuits or fire.
- Do not touch the power cord with wet hands or pull the power cord to disconnect the power adapter.
- Do not touch the device or the power adapter with wet hands. Doing so may lead to short circuits, malfunctions or electric shocks.
- If your power adapter has been exposed to water, other liquids or excessive moisture, cease use immediately and contact Kogan.com Support for advice.
For more help
If you are experiencing any issues with the device:
- Restart the device.
- Restore the device to its factory settings.
On: The device is powered on.
Off: The device is powered off.
②Network mode indicator
Steady Blue Light: Connected to a 4G/3G network.
Blue Flickering Light: 4G/3G data transfer.
Steady Red Light:
Red Flickering Light: Searching for the network.
Steady On: Wi-Fi turned on.
Off: Wi-Fi turned off.
Steady Light: At least one of the LAN ports is connected to a device.
Blinking Light: Data is being transmitted through a LAN port.
Off/No Light: No device is connected to a LAN port.
⑤Signal strength indicator
On: Signal reception available (more bars mean better reception).
Off: No reception.
Connect to computer, switch or other LAN device.
Connect to a compatible power adapter.
Press for 2 seconds to activate the WPS connection when Wi-Fi is turned on.
⑪SIM card slot
Install a standard SIM card to access the internet via an LTE data connection.
Connect to compatible USB adapter (Only for upgrading software).
Step 1: Installing the SIM card
- Slide off the back cover.
- Insert the SIM card into the card slot.
- Close the back cover.
Important: Do not remove the SIM card when it is in use, doing so will affect the performance of your device and data stored on the SIM card may be lost.
Step 2: Connecting cables
Important: To prevent interference caused by radio signals, place the device at least 1 metre away from telephones and other electrical devices.
Do not use another power adapter unless provided by the manufacturer.
Once connected to a power outlet, the device automatically powers on.
Setting up a Wi-Fi connection
Important: Make sure your device (computer, tablet or smartphone) also supports Wi-Fi.
Step 1: Enable Wi-Fi on the device
When the Wi-Fi indicator light is steady, the Wi-Fi function of the device is turned on.
Step 2: Recording the SSID and Wi-Fi key
The default SSID and Wi-Fi key are printed on the device's bottom label.
Important: To prevent unauthorised parties from accessing your Wi-Fi network, it is recommended that you change the SSID and Wi-Fi key from time to time.
Step 3: Setting up a Wi-Fi connection on your client
Method 1: Setting up a Wi-Fi connection manually
- From your Wi-Fi enabled client, scan for wireless networks in your area.
- Connect to the network name that matches the SSID found on the device label.
- When prompted for password, enter the Wi-Fi Key found on the device label (Wi-Fi key is case sensitive). Your client will notify you when it is connected.
Method 2: Setting up a Wi-Fi connection through WPS
If the client supports WPS, you can set up a WPS connection as follows:
- Ensure that Wi-Fi is enabled on the client.
- Press the WPS button on the modem for 2 seconds.
- Activate the WPS connection on the client in 2 minutes.
Configuring your device
- After a client is connected to the device through Wi-Fi or LAN port, launch a browser on the client and visit http://192.168.1.1.
- Enter the username and password to log in to the web management page. The default username and password are printed on the device's bottom label.
- Follow the quick setup wizard to check or set network connection parameters step by step.
To protect your account, change the password after your first login.
If you modify the SSID and Wi-Fi key, you must set up the Wi-Fi connection on the client again as it will likely automatically disconnect due to the saved login details not matching the new details on the unit.
Once you are done, try opening a web page on the client to verify whether you have Internet access.
Cleaning & Care
- During storage, transportation and operation of the device, keep it dry and protect it from collisions.
- Keep the device and accessories dry. Do not attempt to dry it with an external heat source, such as a microwave oven or hairdryer.
- Do not expose your device or accessories to extreme heat or cold. These environments may interfere with proper function and may lead to fire or explosion.
- Avoid collisions, which may lead to device malfunctions, overheating, fire or explosion.
- If the device is not going to be used for an extended period, power it off and remove all cables connected to it.
- If anything unusual occurs (for example, if the device emits smoke or any unusual sound or smell), immediately stop using it, power it off, remove all cables connected to it and contact Kogan.com Support.
- Do not trample, pull or excessively bend any cable. Doing so may damage the cable, causing the device to malfunction.
- Before you clean or maintain the device, stop using it, stop all applications and disconnect all cables connected to it.
- Do not use any chemical detergents, powders or other chemical agents (such as alcohol and benzene) to clean the device or accessories. These substances may cause damage to parts or present a fire hazard. Use a clean, soft and dry cloth to clean the device and accessories.
- Do not place magnetic stripe cards, such as credit cards and phone cards, near the device for extended periods of time. Otherwise, the magnetic stripe cards may be damaged.
- Do not dismantle or re-manufacture the device and its accessories. This voids the warranty and releases the manufacturer from liability for damage.
- The device and its accessories (if included), such as the power adapter, headset and battery should not be disposed of with household garbage.
This marking indicates that this appliance should not be disposed of with other household wastes. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources.