Safety & Warnings
Read all instructions before using your appliance.
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the following:
- If the power cable is damaged, cease use and contact Kogan.com support.
- Always connect to a properly earthed electrical socket.
- Liquid or steam must not be directed towards equipment containing electrical components. The surface may be hot. Avoid contact.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts of the appliance and its accessories.
This symbol means Warning: Danger of scalding
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when plugged in.
- Unplug from the electrical socket when not in use and before servicing.
- Do not allow the appliance to be used as a toy.
- Use only as described in this user guide.
- Use only the manufacturer's recommended attachments.
- Do not use a damaged cable or plug.
- Do not immerse in water or liquid.
- If the appliance is not working as it should, or it has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors or dropped into water; do not attempt to operate it. Contact Kogan.com Support.
- Do not pull or carry by cable, use the cable as a handle, close door on cable or pull cable around sharp edges or corners.
- Do not run the appliance over the cable.
- Keep the cable away from heated surfaces.
- Do not unplug by pulling on the cable.
- To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cable.
- Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Do not put any object into openings.
- Do not use with any of the openings blocked. Keep free of dust, lint, hair and anything that may reduce airflow.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- Do not use to vacuum up flammable or combustible liquids, such as petroleum or use in areas where they may be present.
- Do not pick up toxic material (chlorine bleach, ammonia, drain cleaner, etc.)
- Do not use the appliance in an enclosed space filled with vapours given off by oil base paint, paint thinner, some moth proofing substances, flammable dust or other explosive or toxic vapours.
- Do not pick up hard or sharp objects such as glass, nails, screws, coins, etc.
- Use only on dry, indoor surfaces.
- Keep appliance on a level surface.
- Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
- Do not use without dust bag and/or filters in place.
- Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
- This appliance is provided with double insulation. Use only identical replacement parts.
- Do not leave the machine running in the same spot without handle fully upright.
- The appliance is not to be used if it has been dropped, if there are visible signs of damage or if it is leaking.
- Keep the appliance out of reach of children when it is energised or cooling down.
- The foot surfaces are liable to get hot during use.
- Do not direct steam at people, animals or equipment containing electrical components.
- Do not use on leather, wax polished furniture or floors, synthetic fabrics, velvet or other delicate, steam-sensitive materials.
For operation on a 220-240 V AC 50-60Hz Power Supply only.
This model is for household use only.
1. Steam trigger
2. Power button
3. Cord holder
5. Handheld unit
6. Water tank
7. Bottom dirt bin
8. Scent disks
9. Microfiber mop pads
10. Quick-release pad
11. Vacuum nozzle
12. Water filter
- Plastic film can be dangerous. To avoid the danger of suffocation, keep away from babies and children.
- Do not connect your steam cleaner to power until you are familiar with all instructions and operating procedures.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, turn the power switch off and disconnect the plug from the electrical outlet before performing maintenance.
Assemble Your Vacuum & Steam Cleaner
1. Insert the end of the handle assembly into the main body and then use the special screw to lock the two parts.
2. Insert the body into the floor head until you hear the locking tab click.
Inserting/Removing the Handheld Unit
Installation Method: Hold the handle of the handheld unit, press in the direction indicated by the arrow and button it into the corresponding position of the host machine.
Handheld Unit Parts
|Handheld Unit||Jet nozzle||Hose assembly||Flat brush and round brush|
|Steam handheld, jet nozzle and hose assembly||Jet nozzle and round brush||Jet nozzle and flat brush|
Instructions for Wall Hanging
1. Fix the wall mounting fixture to a stable wall capable of bearing the weight of the unit.
2. Hang the machine on the wall.
The mop pad may already be attached to the mop pad tray. If not, please follow step 1 below.
For micro-fibre mop pads, please follow these steps
1. Attach the mop pad.
a) Step on the quick release for mop pad tray and lift the unit off the tray.
b) Add a scent disc in the mesh pocket in the mop pad. Use the whole disc for a refreshing scent or cut in half for a lighter scent.
c) Wrap the mop pad around the bottom of the tray, making sure the grey stitching is in the front and the quick release tab is in the back.
d) Put the mop pad tray back down on the floor and set the unit back on top. It will click into place.
2. Fill the water tank.
a) On the back of the unit, open the easy fill opening of the water tank and use the included water cup to fill the water tank with water. Don’t overfill or water may spill from the tank. For best results, water should be at room temperature.
b) Close the easy-fill opening.
c) The water tank holds 384 ml and will last approximately 15 minutes depending on the amount of the steam used during cleaning.
Pull and twist the quick release cord wrap clockwise to unwrap the power cord completely and plug into an outlet as described on the Important Safety Instructions.
NOTE: Upon the first use of the Vacuum and Steam Cleaner or first use after refilling the water tank, the pump may make a ‘knocking’ sound. This is normal and could last up to 30 seconds.
- Do not operate the appliance with damp or wet filters or without filters in place.
- Tinted plates on the floor head may get hot while the unit is in use. Do not touch while it is hot.
- Never put descaling, alcoholic or detergent products into the steam cleaner, as this may damage it or make it unsafe for use. Never put descaling, alcoholic or detergent products into the steam cleaner, as this may damage it or make it unsafe for use.
How to Use the Handheld Unit
Do not attempt to use your unit on the steam setting without water in the tank. You may hear a knocking sound indicating there is no water.
A. Plug the power plug into the power socket.
B. Start the power switch on the handheld unit to power the appliance. The light flashes after power on until the flicker stops.
C. The steam function can be used by pressing the steam trigger button.
The steam button is used to switch the steam gear and each gear is switched circularly.
D1. Small gear steam
D2. Middle gear steam
D3. Big gear steam
Host Operation Instruction
Host operation mode
- The motor push-button is used to start and stop the vacuum cleaner. When the button is pushed forward, the motor is on. When the button is pushed back, the motor is off.
- The steam trigger button controls the steam switch. When the button is pressed, the steam starts to come out. When the trigger released, the steam stops.
- The appliance will not pick up crayons, marbles and other large objects.
- Be sure to turn off vacuum mode if you encounter liquid on the floor.
Cleaning & Care
Removing Mop Pads
- Unplug the unit from the electrical outlet.
- Step on the quick release to remove the mop pad tray and lift the unit off the tray.
- Carefully remove the mop pad from the mop pad tray using the quick release tab. The mop pad and tray may be hot.
- Put the mop pad tray back down on the floor and set the unit back on top. It will click into place.
- The micro-fibre mop pad can be machine washed in warm water. Use only liquid detergents. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach.
- For best results, air dry.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, turn the power switch off and disconnect the plug from the electrical outlet before performing maintenance or troubleshooting checks.
Emptying the Dirt Tank
The dirt tank needs to be emptied when the dirt reaches the 'Full’ line on the side of the tank.
1. Unplug hard floor cleaner from the electrical outlet.
2. Remove the easy empty dirt tank from the unit by moving the lock button on the front of the unit to the left.
3. Press the bottom lid release button on the back of the dirt tank to empty dirt.
4. The dirt tank also has a built-in drop-it system for easy debris emptying.
- In the middle of the vacuum filter attached to the top of the dirt tank locate the coloured rod.
- Pull the rod up and lock the rod in place by turning it clockwise.
- Push down on the lever to flush out stuck debris.
- When done, rotate the colour rod anticlockwise and push it down to return it to its original position.
5. Close the bottom lid, mount the easy empty dirt tank back on the vacuum base and push the lock button to the right until it is centred on the front of the unit.
Note: The dirt tank may be washed in warm water with a mild detergent. Make sure it is completely dry before reinstalling in the unit.
Cleaning or Replacing the Vacuum Filter
The key to maximum performance is having a clean filter. Cleaning the filter after each use will help your vacuum to operate at peak efficiency.
To clean the filter
- Turn the power off and unplug the unit.
- Remove the dirt container from the unit, as directed above.
- Remove the filter and tap firmly against the inside of a waste container, removing any visible dirt.
- Replace the filter back into the dirt container and attach the dirt container to the base of the unit. Slide the lever to your right to lock.
After heavy usage, you may clean the pleated filter by gently hand washing it.
Replacing the Water Filter
It is recommended to fill your unit with distilled water only. Periodically check your water filter. When the green grains turn blue, change your water filter.
If the filter is not changed at the appropriate time, calcium deposits may accumulate on the heater, causing damage or reduced performance.
To replace the filter
Using the grips on the side of the filter, pull the filter out of the unit. Push the new filter firmly into the handheld unit.