This article provides simple step-by-step instructions showing how to reinstall your TV firmware.
IMPORTANT: Please double-check that your TV product code is 'KALED55CUHDUA'
Please note: Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
Your product code is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
The product code must read 'KALED55CUHDUA' exactly.
1. Download the firmware upgrade by right-clicking on the link below and selecting 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...':
2. Copy or Save the "rom.bin" file onto an empty USB stick. Please ensure that your USB stick has no other files on it and is 32GB or smaller in size.
3. Please unplug the TV from the wall socket and confirm that the standby light on the front of the TV has turned off.
4. Insert the USB stick into the TV, ensuring that it's in USB port 1.
5. Press and hold the Menu button on the TV continuously (not using the remote control), then turn on the TV from the wall socket, whilst still holding down the Menu button.
6. The Kogan logo should appear for a brief moment, and the display will go black, with the backlight on.
7. Continue to hold the Menu button down for at least 5 seconds after the blank screen shows.
8. The TV will restart once the Firmware installation finishes.
If there is no activity, please wait 5 minutes and turn the TV off at the wall and try again.
Please feel free to contact our Support Team at any time during this process.