Safety & Warnings
- Keep children away from the packaging material and the storage bag. There is a danger of suffocation.
- Keep the item an adequate distance away from heat sources such as stove tops or ovens to avoid damage.
- Because of possible electromagnetic interference, people with implanted medical devices (e.g.pacemakers) should consult their doctor before using this item.
- Take extra caution when using wood tacks. Keep away from children.
- Product may not function properly if not installed correctly.
- Magnetic Door Mesh is not a security barrier for children and pets.
- Do not use the Magnetic Door Mesh as a way to prevent children and pets from going through the doorway.
- Before hanging, ensure that the surface is free from dirt and debris.
- Determine the proper direction to install screen:
- If your door opens IN, install on the OUTSIDE of the door frame,
- If your door opens OUT, install on the INSIDE of the door frame,
- For sliding doors, attach the screen to the outside of the door frame and the stationery door
- Find and mark the centre of the top of your door frame.
- Lay your Magnetic Door Mesh flat on the floor with magnets aligned in the centre. Note that the top panel will have a larger gap between the magnets and the trim versus the bottom panel.
- Check each magnet to ensure they attract to each other symmetrically.
- Peel the adhesive backing off the hook and loop strips and apply to the Magnetic Door Mesh according to the diagram.
- Take panel A and peel off-hook and loop strip #1 and apply to the centre of the door frame with pressure. Be sure to hang the screen high enough so that it does not drag on the ground. Repeat for hook and loop strips #2 and #3.
- Take panel B and peel off the hook and loop strip #7 and apply to the centre of the door frame with pressure. Be sure to hang the screen high enough so that it does not drag on the ground. Repeat for hook and loop strips #8 and #9.
- Ensure the magnets are properly aligned and connected in the centre.
- Attach strips #4-6 and #10-12.
- For plastic frames, only use the hook and loop strips.
- For wooden frames, you can also use the wood tacks provided.
- Please note, the wood tacks leave puncture holes.
- If magnets do not snap shut together, adjust the width positioning of the mesh.
Cleaning & Care
- Do not use any harsh or abrasive cleaners on this product.
- Wipe off the mesh with a damp, lukewarm cloth for stubborn dirt, so you can spot clean with a small amount of soap and a cloth. Allow the mesh to air-dry.
- Do not put in the dryer. Do not dry clean.