Safety & Warnings
Ensure all instructions are thoroughly understood and adhered to. Failure to do so will cause damage, injury or danger.
Do not attempt to touch the drone whilst it is operating under any circumstances.
- This Kogan Galactic Gesture Controlled Mini Drone is not a toy and can be dangerous when used incorrectly. Please follow all instructions while operating. Disassembling or modifying the drone arbitrarily, operating improperly or being unfamiliar with this product may cause damage to property or an accident.
- Kogan assume no liability for accidental damages by in proper assembly or operation in unsafe manners.This product is intended for use by person of age 14 years or older. Please ensure the product is operated in a safe environment.
- It is recommended that you seek the assistance of an experienced pilot before attempting to fly the drone for the first time. A local expert is the best way to properly assemble, setup and fly your model for the first time. It requires a certain degree of skill to operate and is an item subject to normal wear and tear. Any damage or dissatisfaction as a result of accidents or modifications is not covered under warranty.
- Fly only in safe areas away from people. Do not operate aircraft within the vicinity of people. Aircraft are prone to accidents and failures when piloted incorrectly. Pilots are responsible for their actions as well as damage or injury caused by pilot error and radio interference.
- This product is suitable for indoor and outdoor use (the wind grade should be no more than 4). Please choose a place without obstacles and keep a safe distance from the crowd and pets. Don't use the drone under unsafe conditions such as, heat sources, wires or electronic power sources, in order to prevent a collision, entanglement and fire, electric shock and other dangers.
- Models are composed of many precision electrical components. It is critical to keep the model and associated equipment away from moisture and other contaminants. The introduction or exposure to water or moisture in any form can cause the model to malfunction resulting in a crash. Do not operate or expose to rain or moisture.
- To avoid potential fire hazard from batteries, please do not short, reverse polarity or puncture batteries. Battery charging must be done under supervision at all times and at a location out of reach of children. Double-check the four before charging. The manufacturer of this product will not be liable for accidental damages incurred by charging or using incorrect batteries, or the use of an incorrect charger.
- Make sure that the batteries are installed based on polarity indicated in the case and do not mix batteries of different chemistry/specification. Please take out the batteries if you are not going to use the device for a long time to avoid potential leakage which may damage the transmitter. Please dispose of depleted batteries according to local laws and ordinances. Do not dispose of the battery or drone improperly.
- Li-Polymer batteries pose higher operational risks compared to other battery chemistry types, thus it is imperative to follow its usage instructions. Kogan assumes no liability for accidental damages caused by improper usage. Do not use a charger other than the factory supplied unit to avoid potential fire and explosion. Do not crush, disassemble, burn or reverse polarity. Avoid metallic materials to come into contact with the battery's polarity and cause a short circuit and never puncture batteries to avoid fire hazards. Battery charging must be done under supervision at all times and at a location out of reach of children.
- Please stop the using or charging the battery if there is an unusual increase in battery temperature after use. Continuous use of this battery may cause it to expand, deform, explode or even result in fire hazards. Please dispose of depleted batteries according to local laws and ordinances. Do not dispose of improperly.
- Models are made of various forms of plastic. Plastic is very susceptible to damage or deformation due to extreme heat and cold climate. Make sure not to store the model near any source of heat such as an oven or heater. It is best to store the model indoors, in a climate-controlled, room temperature environment.
- The drone is only suitable for use by people 14 years and older. It is recommended that people between 14-20 use the drone under supervision.
- Drones are not to be flown within 5km of airports. Many locations are considered no-fly zones, and you must ensure that you fly in areas that align with your local laws and ordinances.
- Please do not put heavy objects directly onto the drone.
The switch is on the bottom of the drone. The small round black button is the switch. Press the switch for 3 seconds. The light will flash for approximately 2 seconds at the same time and then slows. The light of the drone will remain on and the machine is in the starting state.
The switch is on the bottom of the drone. The small round black button is the switch. Press the switch for 3 seconds, and the light will turn off, indicating the drone is off.
- When the drone is turned on, the light flashes and the drone will calibrate. After three seconds, the light becomes constant and the drone can be used normally.
- Place the drone flat on the palm of the hand. Throw the drone upward, so it lifts slightly out of your hand. The drone will fly automatically.
- The drone will fly for 3-8 minutes flight with a full battery. (Depending on the environment)
- When the drone has been on for a while, it will fly a distance and hover in the air. If there is no input within 1-2 seconds, the drone will descend a certain height and hover again.
Interacting while Flying
- When approaching the bottom of the drone with your hands or an object, the drone will rise to a certain height and hover again.
- If you move towards the drone with your hands or an object, the drone will move towards the opposite direction.
- Strong light, black objects and glass will affect the normal flying of the drone.
- When the drone flies abnormally, it may need calibration. To do this, restart the drone, and lay it facing down. Press the switch 5-8 times continuously and quickly. The indicator light will change the indicator light from blue to flashing, and the drone will enter the calibration mode. Return the drone to upright, and the light will change back to solid. Calibration has been completed.
- During calibration, keep the drone horizontal.
Grab the drone with your hand and turn it over to terminate the flight.
- If the indicator light in the centre of the drone turns red, the battery is running at low voltage. Cease flying as soon as possible, slowly land the drone and charge it.
- The USB is inserted into a computer and the USB light will turn on (Figure 1).
- Turn off the power supply of the drone and insert the USB outlet into the charging port on the drone. As it starts charging, the USB indicator light turns off (Figure 2) and once the charging is complete, the USB indicator lamp turns on (Figure 3).
- Please only use the charger equipped with this product for charging.