Safety & Warnings
All safety precautions should be read and followed strictly. Serious personal injury or visible damage can be caused if these precautions are not followed. Take special care when working around the instrument panel area if your vehicle is equipped with an airbag.
Always make sure the vehicle's transmission is on "Park", the wheels are blocked, and the parking brake is ON.
- Always wear eye protection.
- Always keep a dry chemical (Class B) fire extinguisher handy.
- Take great care around HOT or moving components to avoid injury.
- Never smoke when around fuel components or the battery.
- Always operate the vehicle in a well-ventilated area. Exhaust gases are poisonous.
- Never disconnect any electrical connection with the ignition switch ON unless instructed to do so.
- Avoid touching electrical connector pins.
- Do not allow extension cords of power tools to lie on, near or across any vehicle electrical wiring.
- Do not use the unit to siphon liquids. Doing so will cause damage to the internal chamber and seals.
- Make sure the vehicle’s master cylinder reservoir is full.
- Bleed the system in the following order.
a. Master cylinder.
b. Wheel cylinders and callipers in succession, beginning with the wheel closest to the master
- cylinder and progressing to the farthest.
- Attach a 5cm piece of plastic to the bottom of the brake bleeder jar lid and attach the other end to the brake bleeder pump’s barred fitting.
- Attach the 30cm plastic tubing to the top of the jar lid marked “to pump” and attach the lid onto the jar.
- Attach the 60cm length of plastic tubing to the other port of the jar lid.
- Bleed the vehicle master cylinder is equipped with a bleeder valve. If you are installing a new master cylinder, then bench bleed-in is necessary.
- Select the proper sized adapter to fit snugly over the brake bleeding fitting and attach it to the end of the 60cm length of tubing.
- Attach the brake bleeding fitting to the bleed screw and pump the brake bleeder pump 10-15 times to create a vacuum in its reservoir jar.
- Open the vehicle’s brake bleeding fitting by 1/4-1/2 turning and allow fluid to flow into the reservoir jar. Re-tighten the fitting after bleeding.
- Before moving on to the next brake to bleed, fill the master cylinder reservoir back to a normal level with fresh fluid.
- Proceed to the vehicle’s next brake and perform the same steps as above.
EGR (Exhaust Gas Re-circulation) Valve General Guidelines
The EGR valve is an example of a valve that is actuated by vacuum. With no vacuum applied, the EGR valve is closed and no exhaust gas is re-circulated.As a vacuum is applied the valve opens and exhaust gas can re-circulate.
MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) Sensor General Instructions
Attach the 30cm length of plastic tubing onto the vacuum pump’s braked fitting. Attach the other end to the vacuum port on the map sensor. Pump the vacuum pump until the gauge needle registers approximately 15”Hg of vacuum. The gauge needle should stay at that pressure and should not drop. If it does not hold its vacuum,replace the map sensor.
In operation, the map sensor sends a return signal to the vehicle’s electronic control module. In some cars,this signal varies in frequency between 160Hz and 85Hz, depending on vacuum level.
To check the electrical characteristics, a frequency metre is necessary in addition to the vacuum pump. Manufacturer’s specifications should be reviewed prior to testing.
Computerised Engine Control Devices
- Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor
- Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) System
- Exhaust Gas Re-circulation (EGR) System
- Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) Sensor
Ignition Control Devices
- Vacuum advance distributor
- Retard Control Valve (RCV)
- Spark Delay Valve (SDV)
- Air condition and heating controls
- Cruise control systems
- Headlight cover doors
- Fuel tank and line testing
- Vacuum door lock systems
- Bleeding automotive systems
- Bleeding conventional systems
- Brake line bleeding
- Vacuum power brake system
- Dual-bleeder systems
In The Box
Vacuum pump/Brake bleeder
Vacuum hoses (4) 7.5cm
Universal cup adapter
Reservoir jar and lids
Tapered hose adapters (2)
Vacuum hoses(2) 60cm
“T” Hose connect tub
Straight hose connector
Brake bleeder valve adapters,3 sizes