Safety and Warnings
- This device must be used in an environment where the ambient temperature is between 5°C and 35°C.
- Do not expose the device to rain or humidity and keep it away from liquids. If water or other liquid is spilled on the unit, switch off the unit immediately and wait until it is completely dry before turning back on.
- Do not expose the device to solar radiation.
- Do not use strong solvents, liquid detergents or other chemicals on or near the surface of the device to prevent corrosion or deterioration of the surface.
- Do not expose the device to dust or dusty environments.
- Do not use the device during a gas leak.
- Do not expose the device to strong magnetic or electrical fields.
- It is safe to pass the unit through airport X-ray scanners, however, it is recommended that you do not pass the unit through the magnetic detection portals or expose it to portable detectors.
- Do not place any objects on the device.
- Do not place the device on an uneven or unstable surface.
- Ensure that the device is protected from falls or other shocks that may damage the unit.
- Do not leave the device on your knees, lap or other part of your body while powered on or charging to avoid the risk of heat-related injuries.
- Turn off the unit before transporting or covering it with materials that do not allow for optimum air circulation.
- Do not use damaged power cords, accessories or other peripherals with your device.
- We recommend exclusively using the accessories (power supply, etc.) supplied with the device.
- Use only original batteries. Replacing the battery with an incorrect battery can lead to a risk of explosion.
- Do not disassemble, modify or repair the device yourself, otherwise the guarantee may be affected.
- Please back up your important files regularly to avoid data loss.
- We do not hold responsibility for any loss or suppression of elements contained in the device due to improper use of the hardware or software, lack of maintenance or other accidental event.
|The lightning bolt symbol with an arrow in an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage inside the product, which is of enough magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock.|
|The exclamation point in an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance instructions.|
At full volume, prolonged listening on the portable audio device can damage the user’s hearing.
- Front camera/webcam
a. Use this camera for video calls or to take pictures.
- Power supply indicator
- Charging indicator
a. This indicator lights up while the unit is charging.
- Power input
a. Power input for power supply when connected to an adapter.
- USB type A port
a. This port is compatible with USB devices such as a keyboard, mouse, flash memory reader (USB drive, memory card reader, etc.), external HDD, printer, etc.
- Mini HDMI port (High Definition Multimedia Interface)
a. This port allows you to connect your unit to a mini HDMI-compatible display device such as a TV, monitor or projector.
a. The microphone allows you to use voice commands with the unit, make audio/video calls or make audio recordings.
- Touch pad
a. The touch pad lets you enjoy the features of a mouse. It offers an intuitive interface thanks to the multi-gesture features.
- Headphone and microphone jack
a. Use this port to connect external speakers or headphones to your tablet. You can also connect headphones with an external microphone.
- USB type A port
- Micro SD card reader
a. The micro SD card reader allows you to read or write on micro SD or micro SDXC memory cards.
- Power button
a. A long press of this button allows you to turn your notebook on or off.
- M.2 SATA SSD cover
Charging the device
Plug the power adapter into a grounded electrical outlet, and the other end into the power input port of the unit.
Please note, do not connect the power adapter to the headphone jack. This will not charge the unit and may cause damage. The ports look very similar, refer to the product overview for where to locate the correct port.
Note: charge your Kogan device before using it for the first time.
Please read the following instructions for the battery of your Kogan device carefully.
- Only a technician authorized by Kogan is authorized to remove and handle the battery.
- Your Kogan battery may present a fire or burn hazard if removed or disassembled.
- Please observe the information on the device’s warning labels to prevent injury.
- There is a risk of explosion if the battery is replaced by an incorrect model.
- Do not throw the battery into a fire.
- Do not attempt to short-circuit the battery.
- Do not attempt to disassemble or reassemble the battery.
- Stop using the battery if it is leaking.
- The battery and its components must be recycled or disposed of properly.
- Keep the battery and its components out of reach of children.
Turning the unit on or off
To turn the unit on, long-press the power button on the side of the unit.
To turn the unit off, long press this button again (short pressing will simply put it to sleep) or open the start menu, select the power button and choose ‘Shut Down’.
Windows 10 Home (S mode)
This device may arrive in S Mode meaning that no external .exe files can be directly installed onto the device. You may still install apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store. This is intended for higher security and performance of the unit.
If you want to install an app that isn’t available on the Microsoft Store, you’ll need to switch out of S Mode.
You can easily switch out of S Mode, however, keep in mind that you cannot go back to S Mode once switched.
Switching out of S Mode
- On your PC running Windows 10 in S Mode, open Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
- In the Switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, select Go to the Store. (If you also see an “Upgrade your edition of Windows” section, be careful not to click the “Go to the Store” link that appears there)
- On the Switch out of S Mode (or similar) page that appears in the Microsoft Store, select the Get After you see a confirmation message on the page, you’ll be able to install apps from outside the Microsoft Store.