Safety & Warning
Warning: This air conditioner uses R290 flammable refrigerant. This refrigerant can cause serious harm or even death, as well as significant damage to nearby objects if mistreated.
- The room space for the installation, use, repair, and storage of this air conditioner should be greater than 12msq.
- Air conditioner refrigerant should not be more than 250g.
- Do not use any methods to speed up defrosting or to clean frosty parts except for particular recommended by the manufacturer.
- Not pierce or burn air conditioner, and check the refrigerant pipeline for damage.
- The air conditioner should not be stored in a room with a continuous fire source, for example, open flame, burning gas appliances, working electric heater and so on.
- Note that the refrigerant may be tasteless, therefore leaks may not be perceived.
- The storage of air conditioner should be able to prevent mechanical damage caused by accident.
- Maintenance or repair of air conditioners using R290 refrigerant must be carried out after security check to minimize the risk of incidents.
- Please read the instruction carefully before installing, using and maintaining.
|WARNING||This symbol shows that this appliance uses a flammable refrigerant. If the refrigerant is leaked and exposed to an external ignition source, there is a risk of fire.|
This symbol shows that the operation manual should be read carefully.
|CAUTION||This symbol shows that service personnel should be handling this equipment with reference to the installation manual.|
|CAUTION||This symbol shows that information is available such as the operating manual or installation manual.|
Incorrect installation or operation by following these instructions may cause harm or damage to people, properties, etc.
The seriousness is classified by the following indication:
This symbol indicates the possibility of death or serious injury
This symbol indicates the possibility of injury or damage to properties
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision. (Only for the AC with CE-MARKING)
- This unit is designed for indoor use only.
- The air conditioner must be grounded. Incomplete grounding may result in electric shocks.
Do not connect the earth wire to the gas pipeline, water pipeline, lightning rod, or telephone earth wire.
- After installation, earth leakage examination must be carried on through electrifying.
- An earth leakage breaker with rated capacity must be installed to avoid possible electric shocks.
- Don’t install air conditioner in a place where there is flammable gas or liquid. It may cause fire or explosion.
- If the power supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its service agent or a similarly qualified person.
- The specification of the fuse is printed on the circuit board, such as AC 250V/5A.
- Don't put hands or any objects into the air inlets or outlets. This may cause personal injury or damage to the unit.
- Don’t touch the swinging air outlet. It may dampen your fingers and will likely damage the driving parts of the air outlet.
- Don't attempt to repair the air conditioner by yourself. You may be hurt or cause further malfunctions.
- In lighting storm weather, please cut off the primary power supply switch in order to prevent the machine from damage.
- Don’t use liquid or corrosive detergent to clean the appliance and don’t splash water or other liquid onto it, otherwise, it may damage the plastic components, even cause electric shock.
- Don’t operate the unit in a wet room such as the bathroom or laundry rooms.
- Don’t touch the unit with wet or damp hands or when barefoot.
- Don’t pull the unit by the cord.
- Don’t remove any part of the unit unless instructed by an authorized technician.
- Don’t move the unit, unless the power has been cut off and the power cord is tied to the bending and winding column.
- Don’t operate the unit with a damaged plug or a loose socket.
- Ducts connected to an appliance shall not contain an ignition source.
Failure to follow the below precaution could result in electrical shock, fire or personal injury.
- The plug must be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded.
- Do not use an extension cord or plug adapter with this unit.
- Don’t apply the cold air to the body for a long time. It will deteriorate your physical condition and cause health problems.
- Don't block the air inlet or air outlet, otherwise, the cooling/heating capacity will be weakened, and it may cause the system to stop operating.
- Close the windows and doors, otherwise, the cooling/heating capacity will be weakened.
- If the air filter is very dirty, the cooling/heating capacity will be weakened. Please clean the air filter regularly.
The description in this user manual is text and figures may have slightly different to the promotion information and actual appliance. Please refer to the real appliance purchased. Thank you.
- Open the box and check the unit in an area with good ventilation (open the door and window) and without an ignition source.
Note: Operators are required to wear anti-static devices.
- It is necessary to check by professional whether there is refrigerant leakage before opening the box; stop installing the air conditioner if leakage is found.
- The fire prevention equipment and anti-static precautions shall be prepared well before checking. Then check the refrigerant pipeline to see if there are any collision traces and whether the outlook is good.
Safety Principles for Installing Air Conditioner
- Fire prevention device shall be prepared before installation.
- Keep installing site ventilated (open the door and window)
- An ignition source, smoking and calling are not allowed to exist in the area where R290 refrigerant located.
- Anti-static precautions in necessary for installing an air conditioner, e.g. wear pure cotton clothes and gloves.
- Keep leak detector in working state during the installation.
- If R290 refrigerant leakage occurs during the installation, you shall immediately detect the concentration in the indoor environment until it reaches a safe level. If refrigerant leakage affects the performance of the unit, please immediately stop the operation, and the unit must be vacuumed firstly and be returned to the maintenance station for processing.
- Keep electric appliance, power switch, plug, socket, high-temperature heat source and high static away from the area underneath sidelines of the unit.
- The unit shall be installed in an accessible location to installation and maintenance, without obstacles that may block air inlets or outlets of units, and shall keep away from the heat source, inflammable or explosive conditions.
Requirements For Installation Position
- Avoid places of inflammable or explosive gas leakage or where there are strongly aggressive gases.
- Avoid places subject to strong artificial electric/magnetic fields.
- Avoid places subject to noise and resonance.
- Avoid severe natural conditions (e.g. heavy lampblack, strong sandy wind, direct sunshine or high-temperature heat sources).
- Avoid places within the reach of children.
- Select where it is easy to perform service and repair and where the ventilation good.
Installation Environment Inspection
- Check nameplate of the unit to make sure whether the refrigerant is R290.
- Check the floor space of the room. Space shall not be less than usable space(12msq) in the specification. The unit shall be installed at a well-ventilated place.
- Check the surrounding environment of installation site: R290 shall not be installed in the enclosed reserved space of a building.
Guide of Customer
- The customer should have a qualified power supply coincident with that printed on the tag of the air conditioner.
- Must use special circuit and efficient grounding outlet matching with the plug of the air conditioner.
- The appliance should be installed in accordance with national wiring regulation.
- The plug should be easily accessible after installation.
Select the Best Location
- Install the mobile air conditioner in a flat and spacious location where the air outlets will not be obstructed.
- A minimum clearance of 50cm from walls or other obstacles should be kept.
- The gradient must not be more than 10 degrees from horizontal. Uneven ground may cause additional noise or vibration, or lead to damage to the device.
- The air conditioner shall not be used in the laundry.
- The plug shall be accessible after the unit is positioned.
Duct Mount Instruction
- In cooling, heating and drying mode, the exhaust duct needs to be installed while in fan mode, the exhaust duct is not needed.
- The exhaust duct can be moderately compressed and tensed to suit your needs, but cannot be arbitrarily stretched and bent.
- The exhaust duct can be connected with Windows or installed into the wall.
Based on accessories of the unit you buy and the actual needs, you can make the installation.
Install the adapter A and adapter B (flat mouth or round mouth) onto the exhaust duct as shown in Fig. A or Fig.B.
2. Connect the exhaust duct to the Air outlet connector on the back of the unit. Slide-in the adapter A downwards until it is locked in place. (Fig.C)
Install the Window Slider Kit
Attach the window slider kit to the window sash. Adjust the length of the Window Slider Kit: Loosen the screw A to adjust the length of the Window Slider Kit, then tight the screw when the length is suitable.
Note: the length of the Window Slider Kit is 67.5cm to 120cm.
Install the Exhaust Duct into the Window
Remove the unit with the packed exhaust duct next to the window, and then connect the adapter B (flat mouth) of the exhaust duct with the window. (Fig.E)
Install the Exhaust Duct Into the Wall
- Prepare a hole in the wall. Install the wall exhaust adapter onto the wall, be sure to fix thoroughly.
- Attach the exhaust duct to wall exhaust adapter. (Fig.G)
- During dehumidifying mode, remove the upper drain plug from the back of the unit. Attach the drain hose to the hole. Place the other end of the hose in the drainage way or other drain areas.
- If the unit you bought has the pump drain outlet, as shown below, please drain in this way:
Remove the pump drain plug from the back of the unit, attach the drain hose to the hole. Place the other end of the hose in the drainage way or other drain areas.
|Note: Make sure the hose is secure and there are no leaks. Direct the hose toward the drain, making sure that there are no kinks that will stop the water flowing. Place the end of the hose into the drain and make sure the end of the hose is down to let the water flow smoothly. Do not raise it.|
- When the water level of the bottom tray reaches a predetermined level, the digital display area shows "P1" and the WATER FULL indicator light illuminates. Carefully move the unit to a drain location, remove the bottom drain plug and let the water drain away. Reinstall the bottom drain plug and restart the machine until the P1 symbol disappears. If the error repeats, contact Kogan support.
NOTE: Be sure to reinstall the bottom drain plug before using the unit.
There are two kinds about control panel, Fig A and Fig B, the actual shape shall prevail.
In cooling or heating mode, when or button is pressed, the setting temperature is displayed and be adjusted.
- In auto, cool and heat mode, TEMP. indicator display is setting temperature.
- In dry and fan mode, TEMP. indicator display is room temperature.
1. button — Press this button to make the unit run or stop.
a. The running time of the unit has reached 250 hours, the filter reset indicator light will illuminate, and it means the air filter should be cleaned.
After cleaning, you can press the " " button, the filter reset indicator light will turn off and the running time will be cleared.
b. If you do not press the " " button when the filter reset indicator light illuminates, the indicator light will always illuminate except the unit is power off.
3. button - press the button, you can select the fan speeds follows.
The fan speed indicator light illuminates under the different fan speed:
Note: In fan mode. do not have auto fan speed.
4. - Or + Button
a. Each time the + or - button is pressed, the setting temperature will increase or decrease by 1°C (1°F). The setting temperature ranges from 16°C (60°F)~32°C(90°F).
b. By pressing both the + and - button at the same time(≥3s), the display will toggle between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
5. button - Press this button, you can select the running mode as follows:
The mode indicator light illuminates under different mode.
Note: HEAT mode is not available for cool only units.
6. - Press this button to enter sleep mode, which the unit will exit after 8 hours of continuous operation and restore to the previous status.
Note: The SLEEP function can not be activated in fan and dry mode.
a. Press the ''" button, the timer indicator light illuminates.
b. Press + or - button to select the desired time.
c. After setting time 5 seconds without other operation, the timing function will be initiated automatically.
If you press the timer button, there is no operation within 5 seconds or setting time is 0, the timing function will be cancelled automatically.
d. When the timing function is initiated, the unit displays the remaining time by press the "timer" button once and cancel the timing function by press it again.
Note: With the unit on, press this button to set off timer.
With the unit off, press this button to set on the timer.
8. button - Press this button, the swing indicator light will illuminate.
Failure to follow the below precaution could result in electrical shock, fire, explosion or personal injury.
Before Starting the Unit
- Select a suitable location, make sure the unit is near to an electrical outlet.
- Install the flexible exhaust hose and the adjustable window slider kit.
- Plug the unit into the right outlet.
Heating Operation Mode (Cool Only Unit Has No Heating Function)
- Press the MODE button in a sequence until the heat indicator is lighted.
- Press the "+" and "-" button to set your desired temperature.
- Press the FAN button to select the fan speed.
Cooling Operation Mode
- Press the MODE button in a sequence until the cool indicator is lighted.
- Press the "+" and "-" button to set your desired temperature.
- Press the FAN button to select the fan speed.
Drying Operation Mode
- Press the MODE button in a sequence until the dry indicator is lighted.
- The fan will run at a fixed speed at this operation mode.
- Close windows and doors for the best dehumidifying effect.
Note: The setting temperature and fan speed can not be adjusted. The setting temperature is 25°C (77°F) and the fan speed is low.
Fan operation mode
- Press the MODE button in a sequence until the fan indicator is lighted.
- Press the FAN button to select the fan speed.
Note: The setting temperature can not be adjusted.
If the power to the unit is interrupted, the unit will restart itself in its last used mode/settings once power is restored. The compressor will restart after 4 minutes.
- Set: Press the sleep button 10 times within 5 seconds, the buzzer sounds 4 times.
- Cancel: Press the sleep button 10 times within 5 seconds, the buzzer sounds 2 times.
Cleaning & Care
Clean the Unit
When the unit is contaminated, clean it gently with a wrung towel using tepid water below 40°C(104°F).
Clean the Air Filter
1. Remove the air filter
Take out the upper air filter and the lower air filter
Note: There are two types about the low air intake grille, please refer to Fig. 1 or Fig. 2.
If the low air intake with a screw, please remove the screw at first.
2. Clean the air filter
Use a vacuum cleaner or water to rinse filter, and if the filter is very dirty (for example, with greasy dirt), clean it with warm water (below 40”C(104°F)) with mild detergent dissolved in, and then put the filter in the shade to dry in the air.
3. Reinstall the dried filter in reverse order of removal. Put the filter cover back to its place.
Note: If you don’t use the unit for a long time, please pull out the rubber plug to drain the inside water out referring to right figure.
If you experience issues with your portable air conditioner, please try the suggestions below:
|The Air Conditioner Will Not Operate|
|Unit Doesn't Start When Pressing ON/OFF Button|
|The Wind Blowing Out, But The Cooling / Heating Effect is Bad|
|Noise or Vibration|
In The Box
Adapter A, Exhaust duct, Adapter B (flat mouth)
|Window Slider Kit (#)||1 pc|
|Type A Screws||2 pcs|
|Adapter B (round mouth)(#), Wall exhaust Adapter (#)||1 set|
|Drain hose||1 pc|
|Remote controller and Battery||1 pc|
NOTE: Some models without optional parts (#).
All the illustrations in this manual are for explanation purpose only. Your air conditioner may be slightly different, the actual shape shall prevail.
Mobile Air-Conditioner Air Louver Notes:
- The air louvre can not be less than the smallest automatic louvre angle; do not force the louvre.
|This marking indicates that this appliance should not be disposed of with other household wastes. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources.|