Before returning an iOS device for service, any data and Apple IDs must be removed prior to its return.
This allows our Service Centre to provide any possible solutions without being locked out by your passcodes or any Apple ID restrictions.
If your iOS device is paired with an Apple Watch, please make sure you unpair your devices before your return.
We always recommend you backup your iOS device before following these steps wherever possible.
If you will be using any SIM card in a non-Apple device going forward, please make sure that you Deregister iMessage as well.
For the most up-to-date steps available, always refer to Apple Support.
Remove all data from your device
If your iOS device is still functional
If you are able to access the Home Screen and Apps on your iOS device normally:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- When prompted, enter your device passcode and Apple ID password to remove any software restrictions and Find my Device Activation Locks; respectively.
If your iOS device won’t turn on or is unresponsive
If you cannot access your device because it won't power on or isn't responding, you can erase and remove any Activation Lock remotely:
If your device can turn on but is unusable, please make sure it is turned off before proceeding.
- Go to iCloud.com/find or open the Find My app from another iOS device
- Sign in with the Apple ID linked to the iOS device.
- Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
- Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
- Click Erase [device name]
- Once the request is completed, select All Devices once again.
- Select the cross next to the device you just erased to Remove from Account.
Make sure that your Apple ID is removed.
Once you have requested your device to be erased, make sure any remaining Find my Device details are completely removed before returning:
- Sign in to the Apple ID website from a different device (computer/laptop recommended)
- Under the Devices section, if the device you are returning is still visible, select the unit and choose Remove From Account to delete any remaining registrations from your Apple ID
What comes next?
Once the above steps are complete, remove any SIM card, case, screen protector and other accessories from your device and pack the unit for a safe return.
Please do not return your product before contacting our Support Team as there may be certain return information and labels required before sending.
If you have been in contact with our Support Team before doing these steps, simply continue with any remaining steps mentioned during your discussions.