Before returning an Android device for service, any personal data and Google Accounts must be removed.
This allows our Service Centre to provide any possible solutions without being locked out by your passcodes or any Google Account restrictions.
We always recommend that you back up your Android device before following these steps wherever possible.
Please note, options described below may vary between different Android manufacturers. For specific steps related to your Android device, always refer to any manufacturer's support site available.
Make Sure That Your Google Account Is Removed
Before sending any Android device back for service, your Google Account needs to be removed; regardless of whether the device can be turned on or not.
- Sign in to your Google Account via a web browser and select Security
- On the Security page, scroll down to your devices and select Manage Devices
- Find your Android device and in the options menu (three dots) choose Sign out
If Your Android Device Is Still Functional
If your device is still functional and working well:
- Remove all data from your device
- Removing the Google account from the phone
- Factory reset your device
If Your Android Device Won’t Turn On Or Is Unresponsive
If you cannot access your device because it won't power on or isn't responding, you can still remove any secondary Google Accounts online.
- Sign in to your Google Account via a web browser and select Security.
- On the Security page, scroll down to your devices and select Manage Devices.
- Find your Android device and in the options menu (three dots) choose Sign out.
While your personal data (photos, files etc.) will still be stored on your mobile, our service centre will always ensure any factory resets are performed the moment the device can be turned on or becomes usable
Because any lock screens and/or passwords cannot be removed if your device is unresponsive, please let us know as part of your discussions with our Support team so that there is no confusion before any return arrangements are made.
What Comes Next?
Once the above steps are complete, remove any SIM card, case, screen protector and other accessories from your device and pack the unit for a safe return.
Please do not return your product before contacting our Customer Care Team as there may be certain return information and labels required before sending.
If you have been in contact with our Customer Care Team before doing these steps, simply continue with any remaining steps mentioned during your discussions.