With the rise of Smart TVs as a standard in the entertainment industry, many models will support the use of applications, much like any other smart device as a phone or tablet would.
Due to the extreme variety of apps available for TV services, in general, we, unfortunately, cannot confirm if a particular third-party application will be compatible, unless it is pre-installed on the product, or listed as a compatible app on the product's website listing.
This is due to the vast number of apps out there, and the fact that future app updates can affect functionality with some devices like our Smart TVs down the line.
However, depending on the nature of your issue and the application you are attempting to use, this guide may be able to assist you in obtaining the desired function from your product.
- Does Netflix Come Pre-Installed on my Netflix Compatible TV?
- Netflix - What Is It and How Can I Use It?
- I am getting the error "This device is not optimised for Netflix" when I try to download the Netflix app
- How Do I Cast Netflix to My Kogan SmarterTV?
- Netflix Not Working on TV - Netflix Error NW-2-5
- Official Troubleshooting from Netflix:
- Netflix says 'This app is not compatible with your device.' - Manual download instructions
- Is Netflix Down?
Please Note: Stan is not available outside of Australia.
- KALED40QF7000SKA / KALED32QH7000SKA - Missing Stan
- Official Troubleshooting from Stan:
- Setting up Stan on my Kogan SmarterTV™
- What devices can I use to watch Stan?
- I can't find the Stan app on my Kogan SmarterTV™ - Manual download instructions
- Player Related: Error A20
Third-Party Apps from Google Play Store - SmarterTV™
If you are experiencing problems with an application you have downloaded from the Google Play Store that was not originally installed on or advertised as compatible with your model, this would typically indicate a disparity between this third-party app and the version of Android installed.
As the developers are constantly releasing new updates for their apps it can result in problems with some platforms.
Whilst they are always looking to ensure that their applications are compatible with most platforms, this, unfortunately, is out of our control.
Though this may change over time, as many app developers work constantly on improving their app compatibility, we cannot guarantee a particular app will be compatible.
In some rare cases, future updates to the app can disappointingly cause issues with devices that previously worked fine.
Issues related to an incompatibility with third-party services are not considered faults and are therefore not covered by our warranty.
Clearing the Application Cache (Older Smart TVs)
Please follow the steps below to do this:
- Push the Settings button on the remote.
- Scroll down to Apps and push the Enter button.
- Scroll to the right using the Right Arrow button until you reach the 'All Apps' menu.
- Select the app that is experiencing the issue in this list, then push the Enter button.
- Select the 'Clear Data/Clear Cache' option.
Once this is completed, the app in question should operate normally once again.
Due to the large differences in app developers and system requirements as well as the ever-increasing number of apps available, we simply cannot guarantee that 100% of third-party apps will be compatible with your TV.
However, there are other options available for using this app with your TV.
For example, there will be a number of HDMI and other video connections available on your TV where you can connect a device that is compatible with this app.
If you don't already own another device which supports this app (such as an Apple TV, Playstation, Xbox, PC or Mac), we suggest using a Chromecast.
You can learn more about the Chromecast and how to use it by watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvCab1Fw84k&t=209s
The Google Chromecast is an inexpensive solution and is available on our website here.
However, our dedicated Support Team will always be happy to assist as much as possible with any issues that you may encounter - you can contact them via your Kogan.com Order History