Safety and Warnings
Failure To Follow These Basic Steps Can Lead To Damage That Is Not Covered By Your Warranty
Read the Instructions carefully. Check no parts are missing.
|Lay out all of the components on a soft surface as if you were preparing to do a jigsaw puzzle.|
|Carefully identify each component, especially those that are similar. The most common mistake is getting things back to front.|
|Separate and identify each component from the hardware pack and rest each one in its proper location before fastening|
|DO NOT fully tighten screws (leave slightly loose). When the item is fully assembled tighten the screws - but do not overtighten.|
|If glue is required DO NOT set until you are certain that the parts belong together.|
Furniture tip-over prevention
Every year many children are injured from furniture tipping onto them. Children are naturally inquisitive and will not always use furniture as it is intended. A simple way to help prevent furniture tip-over accidents is to secure furniture to the wall. We urge customers to inspect their furniture to ensure that they are securely anchored to the wall using the restraints provided with this unit.
Tips to Improving Safety
- Attach, mount, bolt or secure furniture to walls and floors.
- Do not put heavy items on top shelves of bookcases.
- Discourage small children from climbing on furniture.
- Do not put tempting items such as favourite toys on top of furniture that encourage children to climb up and reach.
- Do not place unstable furniture near where children play.
- Put locking devices on all drawers to prevent children opening them and using them as steps.
|Check your Components||Denotes Raw Edge or Surfaces|
We Strongly advise that you use the wall safety strap provided to prevent the unit toppling
Move the bookshelf to the final position. Attach the safety strap to the wall. Make sure it is firmly attached and make sure it is snug fit.