Please handle this product with care and inspect it regularly to ensure it is in good working order.
If the product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug and contact Kogan.com support.
Safety & Warnings
- Warning: To avoid any hazards it is important to read this manual thoroughly.
- Warning: When positioning the appliance, ensure the supply cord is not trapped or damaged.
- Warning: Do not place power boards directly behind the cooler.
- Warning: Always ensure there is adequate ventilation of the cooler. There should be at least 20cms on all sides.
- Warning: Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Warning: Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
- Warning: Do not use electrical appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance.
- This appliance is intended to be used in domestic environments.
- Please keep the product away from fire or combustible substances.
- The appliance should not be installed in a laundry or moist area.
- The appliance must be positioned in such a way so that the plug is accessible.
- The appliance shall be installed in accordance with national wiring regulations.
- Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children should not play with the appliance. Cleaning and maintenance should not be done by children without supervision.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer’s service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- This appliance utilises flammable refrigerant and foaming agent, only dispose of it in a safe matter at a suitable disposal centre.
Overview of Main Components
|2||Shelf (Total 3)||7||Upper door hinge with cover|
|3||Cold sink fan||8||Glass door|
|4||Cold sink fan cover||9||Gasket|
|5||Ventilation holes||10||Bottom hinge|
It is recommended you install the Wine Cooler in a place where the ambient temperature is between 23°-26°C. If the ambient temperature is above or below the recommended temperatures, the performance of the unit may be affected. For example, placing your unit in extreme cold or hot conditions may cause interior temperatures to fluctuate. The range of 8°-18°C may not be reached.
Recommended temperatures for chilling wine
|Red wines||14-18° C|
|Dry/White wines||9-14° C|
|Rose wines||10-11° C|
|Sparkling wines||5-9° C|
Temperature ranges for your wine cooler
|Temperature Range||8-18° C|
You can choose temperature from Fahrenheit or Celsius by pushing this button for two seconds. The Fahrenheit or Celsius indicator will appear in white on the LCD temperature display with a blue background.
- You can turn ON or OFF the interior light by pushing the button once.
- The light will be turned off automatically if it remains ON for 10 minutes. You have to push the button again and the light will turn on.
- You can select temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit by pushing the button for 2 seconds.
- Your Wine Cooler has been equipped with an “automatic” control panel lock that will activate 20 seconds after the last time a button has been touched.
- Push the button for 2 seconds to unlock the control panel. You will hear a “beep” sound to alert you that the control is now active.
- You can set the temperature as you desire by pushing the or button on the control panel.
The temperature will increase 1°C if you push the button once and the temperature will decrease 1°C if you push the button once.
When you use the wine cooler for the first time or restart the wine cooler after having been shut off for a long time, there could be a few degrees variance between the temperature you select and the one indicated on the LCD readout. This is normal and it is due to the length of the activation time. Once the wine cooler is kept running for a few hours, everything will be back to normal.
Many bottles may differ in size and dimensions. So that the actual number of bottles you store may vary. Bottle capacities are approximate maximums.
Note: You can place 8 standard bottles.
You can turn the interior light ON or OFF by pushing the button marked with the “Light” symbol. The light will be turned off automatically if it remains ON for 10 minutes. You have to push the button marked with the “Light” symbol again and the light will turn on.
Instruction for Uses
- 1.1 Position your wine cooler so that the plug is accessible.
- 1.2 Keep your wine cooler out of direct sunlight.
- 1.3 Do not place next to heat generating appliance.
- 1.4 Do not place directly on the ground. Provide a suitable stand.
2. Very Important
2.1 The wine cooler will have better performance at an ambient of 20-25 degrees. It is suggested to turn off the wine cooler if the ambient temperature is lower than 10 degrees.
2.2 After plugging the appliance, allow the unit to cool for 2-3 hours before placing a beverage into the cooler compartment.
2.3 Ventilation is very important for this kind of thermoelectric wine cooler. The inside PCB will be broken easily if the ventilation is bad. It will also reduce the life of the wine cooler.
2.4 If leakage occurs (which can be easily detected due to the unpleasant smell), please
- Switch off the wine cooler immediately.
- Ventilate the room thoroughly.
- Contact Kogan.com support.
2.5 These models use a thermoelectric cooling system with an automatic defrosting system, so there is no need to defrost it manually.
3. Power Supply
3.1 The wine cooler must be connected to a properly earthed socket in line with relevant, valid country regulations before operating.
3.2 Check the data label (which is on the side of the wine cooler) for voltage and frequency to correspond to your local on. If not, don't plug your cable into the socket.
When putting a thermoelectric wine cooler, ventilation should be considered seriously, please refer to the following:
- There should be at least 20cm free space for ventilation.
- The distance between wall and sides of wine cooler should be at least 20cm.
- The bottom should have at least 50mm free space for air flow.
- Air passing through must not be preheated.
- The entire cooling system should be kept in a well-ventilated place.
|Net capacity (litres)||25|
|Rated power (W)||65|
|Net weight (kg)||9.5|
|Gross weight (kg)||11.0|
|Approval||CB/ CE/ ROHS|
Failure: No Cooling
|No power||Check the cooler is plugged in and turned on and then contact Kogan Support.|
|PCB broken||Contact Kogan Support.|
|Fan broken||Contact Kogan Support.|
|Leakage||Contact Kogan Support.|
|Cooling module is broken||Contact Kogan Support.|
Failure: Poor Cooling Performance
|High ambient temperature||The room temperature is hotter than normal|
|Poor cooling||The door is opened too often|
|Poor ventilation||Install the wine cooler according to ventilation instructions.|
|Poor gasket||Contact Kogan Support|
|Poor silicone||Contact Kogan Support|
|Dust||Contact Kogan Support.|
|Fan broken||Contact Kogan Support.|
|Poor heat pump||Contact Kogan Support.|
Failure: Frost or Ice inside Minibar
|No defrost||Turn off the unit for at least one hour, then restart it|
|Low ambient temperature||Adjust the air-conditioner to be around 25 degrees|
|This marking indicates that this appliance should not be disposed of with other household wastes. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources.|