This article provides simple step-by-step instructions showing how to upgrade your TV firmware.
IMPORTANT: Please double-check that your TV product code is 'KALED32SMTZA'
Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
Your product code is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
The product code must read 'KALED32SMTZA' exactly.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, please contact our Support Team for assistance.
What you need: a USB memory stick and the firmware file
You will need a USB stick like this:
Please ensure that the memory stick is correctly formatted as 'FAT32' on Windows 'MS-DOS (FAT)' on Mac.
Next, you will need to download an upgrade file. Your 'KALED32SMTZA' has a firmware update available at the following link:
Please right click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
To successfully update your TV's firmware, please follow these steps:
1. Copy the 'MstarUpgrade.bin' file directly to the empty USB stick, ensuring not to place it inside a folder.
2. Insert the USB into the port labelled 'USB1' on your TV.
3. Turn the TV off using the master power switch (on the right hand side of the TV if you are facing the screen).
4. While the TV is turned off, press and hold 'VOL +' button on the remote and turn the TV back on using the master power switch.
5. Continue pressing the 'Vol +' button on the remote until a blue screen appears and the firmware begins installing.
6. The initial blue screen will say 'Search USB Storage' and then be followed by 'Upgrade Software Do Not Turn Off'.
A progress bar will then appear under the text.
7. Once this is completed, the TV will power itself off and on again.
Please feel free to contact our Support Team via your Kogan.com Order History for any assistance.