Safety & Warnings
The safety precautions enclosed herein reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury when correctly adhered to. Always follow basic safety precautions and accident prevention measures when using an electrical appliance, including the following:
- Voltage: Make sure your outlet voltage and circuit frequency correspond to the voltage stated on the appliance rating label.
- Water: To protect against fire and electric shock, do not immerse the cord, plug or fan in water or other liquid, or expose the electrical connections to water. Ensure your hands are dry before handling the plug or switching on the fan. Do not use the fan outdoors or on wet surfaces. Protect it from liquid spills.
- Damage: Check the power cord regularly for visible damage. If the cord is damaged, do not use the unit in order to avoid risks and hazards.
WARNING! Do not pick up or operate the fan if the supply cord, plug or housing is damaged or after it malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. If damaged, contact Kogan.com support for advice.
- Protect the power cord:
- Do not operate the fan with the cord coiled up; always fully unwind.
- Do not twist or kink the cord or let it touch heated surfaces.
- Do not put any stress on the cord where it connects to the product.
- Never carry the fan by the cord.
- Move the cord away from any traffic areas so no one will trip over it.
- Do not run the cord under the carpet or cover it with rugs or runners.
WARNING! No extension cords or timers: Do not use this fan with an extension cord, plug adaptor, external timer or separate speed control device.
- Connection: To insert the plug, grasp it firmly and guide it into a separate electrical outlet. Do not use more than one electrical appliance at the same time on the same outlet.
- Disconnection: Do not use the main power switch and the On/Off switch as the sole means for disconnecting power. Always unplug the fan from the power outlet when not in use and before cleaning, servicing, moving or storing the appliance. Grasp the plug and remove it from the outlet, do not pull the cord when disconnecting from the mains.
- Attachments: The use of accessory attachments not recommended in this manual may cause injury or hazards.
- RCD: Unless your home is already fitted with a residual current device (safety switch), it’s recommended to install an RCD with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA to provide additional safety protection when using electrical appliances. Consult your electrician for professional advice.
- Domestic use only: This appliance is intended for indoor household use only. It is not suitable for commercial, industrial or outdoor use. Do not use it for anything other than its intended purpose and only use it as described in this manual. Any other use may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
- Not for drying clothes: Do not use this fan as a dryer.
- Liability: Manufacturer assumes no liability for any damage or personal injury caused by misuse of the product and/or failure to follow these instructions.
- Usage restriction: This fan is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children: This fan is not a toy. Supervise children to ensure they do not play with it. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
WARNING! Do not leave unattended during use! Always switch it off and unplug when not in use, if left unattended and before cleaning and storing.
- Location: Place the fan on a dry, flat, stable surface to avoid overturning or tipping over.
- Keep the top clear: Do not place anything on top of the fan.
- Proper assembly: Do not operate the fan until fully assembled with all parts.
WARNING! DO NOT use the fan in the following areas:
- Near an open flame, a hot burner, oven or another source of high heat.
- On a soft surface (such as carpet) or where it may tip over during use.
- Outdoors or in areas of high humidity without suitable ventilation (such as in a bathroom, laundry area, near a sink, washer, pool or any source of water).
- Near curtains or in tight corners, to enjoy maximum airflow.
- In conjunction with or directly next to an air freshener or similar product.
- In areas where paint, petrol, etc., is stored and there is a risk of explosion or fire from flammable gases or in areas where substances are being sprayed.
CAUTION! Personal safety: Avoid contact with moving parts. Never insert fingers, pencils or any other object through the grilles/housing when the fan is running. Keep hair and loose clothing away from the fan when it is in use.
- Exposure to cold air: It is not advisable to expose people, especially babies and elderly people, to a continuous stream of cold air.
- Free airflow: Ensure nothing is blocking the air outlet and intake. Do not insert foreign objects into openings as this may cause electric shock and/or a fire hazard.
Caution for Parents
Children and infant must be ensured that they do not play with the appliance.
- The fan should be placed on a level surface. Do not place the fan in unstable places, such as a slope or a soft surface to prevent the fan from tipping over and causing damage or malfunction.
- Avoid blocking the air inlet during use. Keep the fan away from curtains when it is plugged in to prevent the object from blocking the air inlet and the fan will not work.
- Don’t place objects within 30cm from the front of the outlet.
- Please use button cell batteries (CR2025).
- Hold the battery cover down and turn counter-clockwise to open.
- Insert a new battery with the + mark upwards.
- Place the battery cover back onto remote then rotate clockwise to close.
Caution: Do not recharge the battery after use and keep out of reach of children. Remove the battery if the remote is not being used for an extended period of time. Consult a doctor if any component is swallowed.
Remote Control Function
When operating the fan with the remote control, it’s suggested that the remote control should be aimed at the receiver at the front of the fan to achieve the best signal.
In rare cases, the following may occur when operating the fan:
- When using the remote control of other electrical appliances, this fan may turn on or change settings.
- Other appliances may turn on or change settings when using the remote control of this fan.
This is due to the overlap of the frequencies of the remote control. This is not a fault of the unit but indicates that there are two devices that use the same signals. Please keep this remote control away from other appliances while using it to avoid misuse.
Insert the power plug into the socket and the LED display will turn on.
All functions can be operated by remote control
You can hear beep sound when you press the button on fan or remote control every time.
|To start the fan operation, press the display panel. Tap the panel to cycle from fan speed 1 - 9. Hold down the display panel for 2 seconds and a buzz will sound, release the panel and the fan will stop operation.|
|The fan also can be turned on/off by using the remote control.|
|Press this button to set the timer off from 1 to 8 hours. Timer function operates in 1-8-0 circulation. 0 refers to timer off (with 2 beep sounds).|
- The other functions of the fan still can be used after the timer function is set.
- The motor will stop running when the set time is up. Please press the power button again if you need to restart it.
- After the fan power is turned off, the timer setting will also be cancelled.
|Please press this button on the remote control, LED display shows L and the wind turns to be soft. Press wind speed button + - to exit this mode.|
|Please press this button on the remote control, LED display shows H and the wind turns to be strong. Press wind speed button + - to exit this mode.|
Press the display for 1 second to start the fan swing function.
|The swing function also can be operated by using the remote.|
When the remote control is not in use, put it on the remote control shelf at the top. There is a magnet inside to hold the remote control.
Caution: It does not completely turn off the fan power if you just turn off the power button on either the fan or the remote control, the unit will instead be in standby. If you do not use the fan for a long time, unplug from mains.
Using the Kogan Smarterhome App
1) Download the "Kogan Smarter Home" app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
2) After installing the Kogan Smarter Home app, open the app. You will see the below home page:
3) Register a new Smarter home account if you do not have one already. Please note, this account is unique to the Kogan smarter home app. To register:
- Tap to enter the registration page.
- The system automatically recognizes your country/area. You can also select your country code manually. Enter your mobile phone number/email address and tap "Next".
- If you choose the mobile phone number option, then enter the verification code in the message sent to you by SMS. Set a password as prompted and press “Confirm” to finish your registration.
4) Make sure you have the following information:
- Your home Wi-Fi name (SSID) (NOTE: Network supports 2.4 GHz WiFi frequency band only)
- Your home WiFi password.
5) Turn the fan on.
6) Place your finger on the sensor button ans hold it for 3-5 seconds: the 'R' symbol will flash.
NOTE: Network supports 2.4GHz Wifi frequency band only.
7) Once the unit is in pairing mode, in the App, select the plus symbol "+" right top corner of the application.
8. Select the appropriate device icon accordingly.
9. The app will enter into "ADD Device" page. Select "Confirm Device is ready to pair" which is at the bottom of the screen in red.
10. A window should appear with the steps to select the WiFi network.
11. Once the screen pops up saying “Device added successfully” confirm it by pressing "DONE" which leads to the Device interface page.
Device Interface Page
- You will need to have set up a Google Home account prior to linking your Kogan SmarterHome device.
1. Select "Menu" and then "Home Control”.
2. In the "Home Control" screen, select the + icon in the bottom right.
3. A list will appear showing actions and a search function to access more apps: from here, install the SmarterHome app.
4. Log into your SmarterHome account with your email address or mobile number.
5. Once linked, it will show the devices linked to your account: you can assign them to rooms. You will be prompted to authorize apps to sync.
6. Click "Done" and then it will give you a list of commands available.
7. When successfully linked, you will see it on your "Home Control" screen at the bottom of the app screen. You can now control your Kogan SmarterHome devices through Google Home.
Google Assistant voice command
OK Google, turn on <Device Name>
OK Google, start cleaning with <Device Name>
OK Google, turn off <Device Name>
OK Google, stop cleaning with <Device Name>
You will need to have set up an Alexa account prior to linking your Kogan SmarterHome device.
1. Select "Menu" and then "Skills".
2. Search for the app and enable it.
3. Log into your SmarterHome account with your email address or mobile number.
4. Select "Discover Devices" and the app will begin searching.
5. When successfully linked, you will see a list of connected Kogan SmarterHome devices. You can now control your Kogan SmarterHome devices through Alexa with your voice.
Amazon Alexa voice command
Alexa, turn on <Device Name>
Alexa, turn off <Device Name>
Cleaning & Care
Switch off the fan and unplug it from the power socket before cleaning and maintenance.
Caution: Don’t splash water on the fan. It may damage the fan. Don’t use paint thinner, gasoline, alcohol, bleach or metal object to clean the surface of the fan, otherwise, it may discolour or deteriorate the surface of the fan or the remote control.
Please gently wipe the surface with a clean soft cloth.If the fan surface is dirty, you can use a mild detergent after diluting with a wet cloth to wipe the fan surface and then wipe it with a soft dry cloth.
Air Inlet & Air Outlet
Check the air inlet and the air outlet for free flow. Use a soft brush or a vacuum cleaner to clean the dust around the air inlet and the air outlet. Dust accumulation would affect the use of the fan. Please clean the fan periodically.
Wipe the remote control surface gently with a dry, soft cloth. Remove the battery of the remote control if it is not to be used for a long time.
Please clean the power plug with a dry soft cloth.
- Place the fan in a large plastic bag for dust protection aftercare and maintenance.
- Please avoid placing the fan on uneven surfaces or near electrical appliances with refrigeration/heating function.
- Avoid placing it in direct sunlight, hot or wet places.
- Please store the fan in the clean and dry place.
- Please keep it in a place where children can’t touch it.
|Timer range||1-8 hours|
|Motor||BLDC Brushless Direct Current Motor|
|Product dimensions||(H)1020mm(W)230mm (D)230mm|
When an issue with your fan occurs, please check the following instructions first. Please contact Kogan.com support if the issues persist.
Danger: Don’t disassemble and repair the fan without authorisation.
|Problem||Possible Cause and Solution|
|Plugged in but doesn’t work||
|Remote control doesn’t work||