Install the App
Download the "Kogan SmarterHome" app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
Register SmarterHome Account
If you do not have a Kogan SmarterHome account, register or sign in with a verification code sent by SMS.
- Tap to enter the registration page
- The system automatically recognises your country/area. You can also select your country code manually. Enter your mobile phone number/email address and tap “Next”.
If you choose the mobile phone number option, then enter the verification code in the message sent to you by SMS. Set a password as prompted and press "Confirm" to finish your registration.
Create a profile on the next page to define your location and room.
Add Device through Network
1. Power the SmarterHome device on and follow the product-specific instructions to enter the Wi-Fi-connect mode.
2. Open Kogan SmarterHome app and tap “+” in the upper right to add a new device through the network.
3. Select the type of device you want to connect to on the next screen.
4. Ensure the device’s indicator light rapidly flashes and tap “Confirm light is rapidly flashing”.
5. Select Wi-Fi network (note: network must be 2.4Ghz band) and enter the password.
6. The device will commence the pairing process and connect to the app.
6. After successfully configuring the devices, the device will be shown on the home page. Tap to enter its control page.
Warning: When installing the batteries into your product, check that the polarity of the battery matches the polarity marked on the contacts. The "+" indicator on the battery should be facing the "+" on the metal contact of the product.
If the batteries are installed incorrectly, it could cause serious damage to your product.
- Open the cover at the bottom of the camera.
- Insert the batteries in the correct polarity as shown below.
1. Fix the bracket on the wall
2. Install rubber
Note: Remove the rubber before resetting
3. Side the Camera slowly into the bracket in the direction of the arrow
4. Adjust the camera's proper angle
The camera will be in a sleep mode to save power; you can preview the camera in the SmarterHome app.
You can see and hear the visitor from the camera in your SmarterHome app.
PIR (Passive Infrared)
When the camera detects someone stopping by, it sends an alarm message to your mobile phone.
Low Battery Alarm
You can set a low-battery alarm threshold in the SmarterHome app. The threshold is set to a minimum of 10% and a maximum of 50%. When the battery power of the camera is lower than the set threshold, the app will have a reminder.
Use an SD card to keep recording every moment.
Powerful night vision means no interruptions, even in complete darkness.
Factory Resetting your Camera
- Locate the RESET button/pin-hole on your device.
- Using a pin, push it through the pin-hole until you can feel the button being pressed.
- Press and hold the RESET button for 5-10 seconds or until you hear an audio prompt from your device.
- The audio prompt means the device is resetting itself, wait until you hear another slightly different audio prompt.
- After the second Audio prompt the indicator light flashes rapidly meaning that the device is ready to be added to a Kogan SmarterHome™ Account.
- Set up the device to your prefered SmarterHome™ Account as per the device’s User Manual and the device should work as intended.
- If the device is still listed in your SmarterHome™ Account please remove the device manually using the following steps:
- Select the device from the Home screen of the Kogan SmarterHome™ app.
- Tap the 3 dots on the top right corner to go to Settings.
- Tap on the “Remove Device” option.
Use this link to watch a video on how to RESET a Kogan SmarterHome™ Camera device.
|Power Port||DC 5V±10%|
|Power||Press the button for 3 seconds to turn the camera on or off.|
|Microphone||Capture sound for your video|
|SD card slot||Support local SD Card storage (Max.128GB)|
|Reset||Press and hold on for 5 seconds with a pin to reset the camera|
In the Box
|Security Camera||Power Adapter||USB Cable|
|Bracket||Screw (2Kinds)||Rubber x 2|