Netflix is one of the world's leading subscription-based video streaming services and is available on most modern internet-connected devices.
Many of our products will support Netflix, though please check the product listing or user guide to confirm that your device is compatible before attempting to use the service.
Accessing Netflix On Your Kogan Smart TV
Android TV And Google TV
You can access Netflix from the home page of your Android TV.
The app order may change over time. By default, Android moves your most frequently used apps earlier in the list. If Netflix has moved, and you would like to change the app order, see Apps Have Moved Or Are Missing From My TV.
If your TV supports Netflix, but it is missing, navigate to the Play Store and download the app.
Netflix can be easily accessed by pressing the dedicated Netflix button on your TV's remote, or on the home page.
If for any reason you are unable to load Netflix by pressing this button, please ensure Netflix is enabled through your system settings:
- Press the Menu button to display the main menu on the screen.
- Press "" buttons to navigate to the Function option.
- Press "►" to enter the Function submenu.
- Press "" to select Netflix Deactive.
- Press "►" orEnter to confirm.
- Press Yes to confirm and activate Netflix.
Accessing Netflix on a Google Chromecast
To connect your Chromecast to your Netflix account, make sure your mobile device or computer is connected to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
Launch the Netflix app on your Android or Apple mobile device, or visit the Netflix website from your Chrome browser.
Once you’re signed in, select the Cast () icon from the screen's upper right or lower right side.
Select your Chromecast from the list of available devices to launch the Netflix app on your TV.
Select a TV show or movie to watch and press Play.
Your Chromecast will now be connected to your Netflix account and ready for viewing. For information or assistance connecting your Chromecast to your TV and/or Wi-Fi network, see Chromecast Support.
Viewing Netflix in 4K
Not all devices support 4K Netflix.
- A Netflix plan that supports 4K playback. For more information on what each Netflix subscription level provides, please see Netflix's plan comparison chart.
- A TV that supports 4K resolution and 4K Netflix, or a streaming device such as Chromecast with Google TV 4K, or a Chromecast Ultra.
- A strong and fast internet connection. Even if your internet connection is strong throughout your household, it may not be enough to run 4K content smoothly. We always recommend that you use a wired ethernet connection directly to your TV or streaming device where possible.
On most TVs, you can check if Netflix is playing in 4K by pressing the Info button on your remote while watching to show the current resolution and bitrate.
Netflix Crashes Or Is Slow To Open
If Netflix crashes or is not opening as fast as it does usually, try these steps:
- If only Netflix is having issues, try reinstalling the Netflix app, otherwise, skip to the next step.
- For information about how to uninstall an app on a Google TV or Android, see Google's guide here: Download or delete apps & games
- To uninstall Netflix on an Android TV, follow these steps:
- Return to the home screen on your Android TV.
- In the top right, navigate to the Settings cog icon.
- Click Apps.
- Navigate to See All Apps.
- Choose Netflix.
- Select Uninstall.
- Reinstall the app from the Play Store.
- If reinstalling Netflix did not work, try updating your TVs firmware. To find the firmware update article for your TV, please search the model number on the back of your TV in our help centre.
If a specific Netflix error shows on your screen, search the code in the Netflix help centre here:
Netflix Colour Issues
If your TVs colour settings are not correct, this can be amplified when watching Netflix content that supports HDR.
If you are noticing unusual colours during some Netflix shows, try changing your TVs colour profile. For more information, see your product's user guide:
Other Issues Or Questions
If the information above has not resolved your issue or question, please do not hesitate to Contact Our Customer Care Team.