Safety & Warnings
- This bin should not be used by children under 7 years old unless supervised.
- This bin is not a toy.
- Do not throw this bin away along with your household garbage. Please recycle responsibly.
- Make sure that the switch situated at the back of the lid is in the OFF position.
- Open the battery compartment located inside the lid and place 4 x AA batteries into the compartment. Put a plastic bin liner in the bin if you want, then replace the lid.
- Press the switch to turn the bin ON. The red indicator will light up for 3 seconds. When the indicator blinks, the bin is operational.
- If the bin is not working, turn off the switch, take the batteries out and gently clean the springs in the battery compartment. Put the batteries back in and repeat step 3.
- To open the bin, place your hand or the object you want to throw away approximately 10 cm above the optic sensor. The lid will open and will shut down automatically after 3 seconds.
- The bin can be used in manual mode as well. To activate the manual mode, press the switch located to the left of the optic sensor. This mode is recommended to empty the bin or in case of repeated use. To close the lid, press the switch located to the right of the optic sensor. The bin will then be in automatic mode again.
For a daily use of around 20 times, the batteries need to be changed approximately every 6 months. To change the batteries, switch off the bin and change all 4 batteries at once and then repeat step 3.
Indicator Light Description
- Red, blinking (every 3 seconds): Operating
- Green: Automatic opening of the lid
- Red: Automatic closing of the lid
- Green, blinking (every 3 seconds): Manual opening of the lid
- Yellow, blinking (every 3 seconds): Low batteries/time to change the batteries
Cleaning & Care
- Do not wash the bin’s exterior with excess water in order to preserve the electronic components.
- Do not push the bin’s lid closed when it is open.
- Take used batteries out of the compartment to avoid them leaking and damaging the electronic components.
- Avoid direct sunlight on the optic sensor.
- If the unit is not in use for extended periods, ensure the batteries are removed from the unit.